• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt Disk Streaming

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Disk Streaming

Hello all,

I noticed that NI just released the new Kontakt update with lots of nifty new features that rival GS in many ways.

I would be interested in real life user feedback of how well the new version works. I am particularly interested in the Mac version since I heard it\'s not nearly as efficient as the PC version.

Re: Kontakt Disk Streaming

The final release version is a breath of fresh air for me. I used the beta working on QLSO mapping and it crashed 30 times a day or more (with ear shattering SMPTE like noise!) anytime I overstepped the polyphony. Now, it will crackle a bit but it doesn\'t seem to crash now. (thank you NI!!) Its working great on Nicks fast machine. (better than the current Giga at least until 3.0 comes out) On my 1 gigaherts machine, (wich giga gets about 150 notes) it doesn\'t seem to get a ton of polyphony. I\'m getting not quite 24 notes at 88.2 khz 24 bit. It seems to get a good 64 or so in 16 bit 44k. Nick\'s 2.8 ghz machine gets 180 at 882\\24 so Kontakt is capable of some good streaming if the machine is fast enough. I\'ll try my 1.8 machine and see how it does.
    Later
    Dave

Have any of you managed to get the Kontakt 1.2 update to work with GigaPiano? I tried, but it will not play back properly - there is a doubling of the notes which seems to be triggered upon release of the key. Also, the display of the samples in the Mapping Editor is corrupted - instead of distinct bars corresponding to each sample, the display simply has a big faded blue rectangle.

Originally posted by midphase:
    Hello all,

I noticed that NI just released the new Kontakt update with lots of nifty new features that rival GS in many ways.

I would be interested in real life user feedback of how well the new version works. I am particularly interested in the Mac version since I heard it\'s not nearly as efficient as the PC version.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have the Mac version but haven`t updated it yet.
    I`m thinking of updating it today.
    But I need to go out now . So I`m going to
    update it when I get back.

BTW, I`m using 1GHz Dual.
    But I heard that Kontakt`s not optimized to
    Dual Processor`s yet.

Thanx for reading.

Veron

Mac Kontakt Test Results:

G4 Dual 866 w DP 3.1/MOTU 896 Firewire Audio loaded Post Bosendorfer 16 layers Ambient. No Problem at least 80 Voices and thats stereo I believe. It does not appear to be optimized for Dual Processors. I am not sure about that. You have to tweak the settings to find a \'sweet\' spot for Ram and Voices etc. No crashes.

Also tried a Mac Cube: 32 voices with an MOTU 828.

Give it as much Ram as you can before loading Mega Instruments.

There will be native 24 bit Kontakt versions of the Bardstown Bosendorfer Imperial Model 290, Classic Accordions, and Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos, available the first of the week.

All 24 bit versions of Bardstown instruments, EXS24, HALion, and Kontakt, will be packaged to include all three 24 bit sampler format versions. Our EXS24 and HALion customers can contact me and I will send them .nik Kontakt files as an email attachment.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

And 24 bit version of Scarbee R.S.P. \'73 in Kontakt version too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Registered RSP73 owners will get the update for free.

My bass libraries will be converted too.

Thomas

Does it streams better than Halion?

Originally posted by tob:
    Does it streams better than Halion?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">sure hope so.

Also, what features from Gigastudio has been added? Now that we have disk-streaming, we\'re one step closer to total gigastudio oblivion (well... if v3.0 isn\'t a blast DXi or VSTi of course...).

But as I\'m using Garritan strings library and soon VSL, I need all the functions of gigastudio, like the advanced keyswitching and the ability to use Garritan Maestro Tools and VSL Performance Tools for example (those are essential tools from now on for composers).

Also, better AKAI support would be nice. I\'ve had troubles with the velocity layering (crescendo with mod wheel for example) in Kontakt. Also with GIGA samples.

Yours
    Oskar

I`ve tryedthe Disk Streaming and I think
    it`s great. I have only 256MB of RAM ,
    but I loaded a 200MB Piano sample that was
    in the sample library that came with Kontakt.
    And it works just fine. But like Mr. Mel Tron said,
    you need to tweak it a little.
    The noise was horrible when I loaded the
    piano sample before I tweaked it .
    But its fine now. No noise.

I`ll write what computer I`m using just incase.
    I`m using a Power Mac G4 ( MDD ) 1GHz Dual
    with 256MB .

Thanx for reading .

Veron

Go Back to forum