• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Violin Sonata In G" (Excerpt)

Share/Bookmark

"Violin Sonata In G" (Excerpt)

All,

This is an excerpt from the first movement of my "Violin Sonata In G".

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Violin Sonata In G" (Excerpt)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    This is a very appropriately cheerful, bright piece of music to accompany this Easter morning - Thank you, Mr. A!

Randy
    You're velcome, Mister B.

Happy Easter to you and Ms. B.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Classical Larry,

The easter eggs being digested, time to listen to some decent music. This looks like the L. Alexander forum for the moment. And what's even more, it's always very lovely music you present. This sonata originating from your master brain is again super!
    One little question however. I have the impression that the acoustic ambiance changes from time to time. Have you used two different libraries for the violin? Or is there different setting for up and down bows?

Thanks again for sharing,

Max

My first hearing of your music, Mr. Alexander. It sounds like Bach with a Jewish accent, if I may be so bold. Lots of nice idiomatic writing for the violin, and the piano compliments it very well. On a technical note, I could stand the piano being a little louder. also, why not add a bit more reverb? But on the whole very successful. I hear it now echoing through my brain, so it has some staying power.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Classical Larry,

The easter eggs being digested, time to listen to some decent music. This looks like the L. Alexander forum for the moment. And what's even more, it's always very lovely music you present. This sonata originating from your master brain is again super!
    One little question however. I have the impression that the acoustic ambiance changes from time to time. Have you used two different libraries for the violin? Or is there different setting for up and down bows?

Thanks again for sharing,

Max
    There are different commands for each of the many articulations contained in this one violin sample library.

Thanks for your message.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
    My first hearing of your music, Mr. Alexander. It sounds like Bach with a Jewish accent, if I may be so bold. Lots of nice idiomatic writing for the violin, and the piano compliments it very well. On a technical note, I could stand the piano being a little louder. also, why not add a bit more reverb? But on the whole very successful. I hear it now echoing through my brain, so it has some staying power.
    I won't comment on the technical aspects. The mixdown is as I wish it to be.

Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Fun stuff! It would be a kick to play if I had a violin and spent my formative years locked in a conservatory taking lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Bendshadler View Post
    Fun stuff! It would be a kick to play if I had a violin and spent my formative years locked in a conservatory taking lessons.
    Except for the first two words I don't know what your message means. Are you inferring that this work is too difficult to play?
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry!

I enjoyed you Violin Sonata In G. A charming violin & piano piece.

That must be the solo violin from EWSO Gold again. It has a real nice set of articulations which you have put to good use.

I know I couldn't play that but I've only fooled around with my younger brother's violin many years ago. He wouldn't have been able play this either but I'll just say that when he was practicing it was time to leave the building.

When he gave up the violin he just finally gave up.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast