• Register
  • Help

Topic: Montego Magic with Steel Drums

Share/Bookmark

Montego Magic with Steel Drums

After taking a Caribbean Cruise in 2008 where our ship passed Montego Bay in the monlight, I decided to write a song about the moonlight on Montego Bay. Here I have attached a re-make of the piece using steel drums. I didn't know I could do this back then, but, with the aide of Randy B. I was able to get the sounds into this piece.

Take a trip with me to Montego Bay in the Moonlight:

Montego Magic

Enjoy,

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Montego Magic with Steel Drums

Aaaaaaah, that's a niiiiice, Bill - An excellent revision, with evocative results. Sure glad you found the really good sounding Steel Drums sample set (discussion in General Discussion, for those who haven't noticed) - you've put it to wonderful use here.

Randy

This is nice with the added steel drums. DRATS! I want to go to Montego Bay. It's suppose to be spring here but it is NOT. This is balmy and sooooo relaxing.

I remember this when you first wrote it but it certainly much more Caribbean this way. Thanks for the trip.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Rich, you are most welcome. That's the power of music: it can take you places you could never get to.

Glad you stopped to listen,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Hi Bill,

We are longing for some sunshine here, after a harsh, cold and snowy too long winter. You've offered us the warm sun in a warm song with a lovely trumpet and very enjoyable steel drums. Only the drink is missing...

Thanks for sharing,

Max

My daughter just returned from a Caribbean cruise. I can not wait to play this for her.

Go Back to forum