• Register
  • Help

Topic: DAW Desk

Share/Bookmark

DAW Desk

I thinking about possibly building a DAW desk when I have more free time. Nice DAW desks are pretty expensive but you can build one for not too much money if you have the tools and ability or you know someone that will help you with the project.

Has anyone done this and how did it turn out?

Here's a video of one that I'm interested in and starts at $1500 as a kit and just the plans and the cutting schedule to save on materials is $25.00.

DAW Desk

Phil

Re: DAW Desk

Sweet! I like the desk, Phil. I say get the plans for $25 and enlist the aid of a carpenter type friend if you have one.

I looked down at the responses at YouTube - cracked up and totally sympathized with the guy who said, in all caps, "STOP FRICKING SPINNING!"--gave that a Thumbs up approval. Yikes - the video animation about drove me over the cliff.

Randy

Hmmm! Way too expensive, or too much like hard work for my taste.
    But I have to agree it does look good.

Personally I would start with a good quality home office computer desk that was wide and deep enough for the task, with the finish I wanted, for a fraction of the price from e.g. Amazon. Then do some tailoring to it.

For my 2d.
    John.

Randy,

My youngest brother has a large collection of power tools and the skills to assist me, if he will.

John,

I've looked into doing a computer desk modification but I can't find much available. I see nothing like what I have right now which is a small movable desktop computer desk with a pull out keyboard drawer that is about 12 years old. The desktop has been pretty much replaced by the laptop and all-in-ones so the choices for a traditional desktop computer desk have dwindled.

I would want an 88 key controller also which would make it difficult to modify anything.

Phil

Go Back to forum