• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Waltz of the Witches

Share/Bookmark

Waltz of the Witches

Rarely am I going to post music - but this one is a kind of special case.

It was originally posted here about 2 years ago now - composed and rendered initially in Finale and with GPO4.

Going through my old scores I remembered it fondly and decided I should transcribe it into my DAW and give it a new lick of paint.

Changed a few things, learned knowledge in orchestration applied in places and bulked up or stripped down as required.

The sound, well yes - I am no longer using Garritan instruments. Want that to be clear and it's the main reason I wont be posting overall.

But this was a blast from the past which began in Finale and ended up here

I used the following libraries:

Cinewinds
    Cinebrass
    Cinematic Strings 2
    (noticing a 'theme' here?)
    True Strike 1 (percussion)
    Requiem Light (Choir)

www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Waltz of the Witches

Graham! This sounds very cool and spooky. The libraries sound real nice on this. It has a very distinctive theme with a lot of personality. Nice post. Jay
    P.S. I plan to look into the libraries.

Wow!!!
    Great! I love it! I can see them hopping it up, shrieking and thumping....
    Bravo!!

Ted

This is wonderful, look out John Williams! Well done and well rendered. (at least to my old ears!)

More, more, Bravo, Bravo...

Best regards,
    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Hey, thanks all for the replies. I've always enjoyed how this piece was formed, short and sweet. Glad to see you folks like it as well.

I could post so much music but I do not want to fill the forum with non-garritan productions.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

A pluckin' good show, Mister Graham! Nice work.

Thanks for sharing it with us, Lad.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

What an aptly titled piece! You're certainly getting the "Cine" out of that collection of Cine Libraries you're using, Graham. The production is bold and beautiful, and such a fun composition to boot.

I wish you'd keep in mind that for a year now, The Listening Room has been opened up to any and all musical output, regardless of the sound sources used. The main point of this page of the Forum is for members to share their music. It's not an advertisement page for Garritan. We want to hear what people have been up to and are willing to share. We've had live recordings, totally synth driven recordings and recordings done with other orchestral software. It's all good.

Naturally the flip side is nobody wants it to be an advertisement for Not using Garritan, so there's no need to emphasize any kind of pro or con argument in our posts, it's the Music itself which is the thing. The vast majority of what's posted is still generated from Garritan, logically enough since those Libraries are the the thing we all have in common here.

But people use whatever they use for whatever reasons they have. Plenty of us are very happy to keep using Garritan, and sometimes we augment with other Libraries - But none of that has anything to do with our decisions about sharing music with fellow Forum members are not.

It's so great to hear someone like you who really cares about the production side of MIDI, and there's no way I'm alone in wanting to hear more from you. It's a killer combo--your compositional chops along with your production chops. It'd be so great to hear more of that in the LR, and your great stuff in particular.

If you're uncomfortable posting here, I hope you'll reconsider all that I've said here.

Thanks for "Waltz of the Witches"--it's rich!

Randy

Thanks for the comments Larry and Randy!

I wasn't so sure how limited or not the rule would be on what postings would be considered fair use of the forum. You make a lot of sense, Randy, as always. So if it's ok to simply post 'this is my music, I used this to create it' and leave it at that more or less, then I'd be delighted with that opportunity.

Much of what I've posted in the past has benefited from the feedback from the great minds here - and I had this yearning to post here again because of it, and also because it means being able to take time to listen to other peoples music as well and also learn from what they are doing. I'd be happy to post more after a time when this piece has moved on down a good bit.

Thanks as always
    Graham
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    ...if it's ok to simply post 'this is my music, I used this to create it' and leave it at that more or less, then I'd be delighted with that opportunity...
    Super, Graham! And that would be great, to keep listing specifically what you use. That way it's not confusing, "Is this Garritan, or what?" - and seeing the sound source list is interesting and educational.

Oh boy - More Plowking comin' up!

Randy

Graham,

Well I'm enchanted!! What a frollicking, spritely, display of orchestration. I have always been disappointed with the sample sound of the oboe. I have EWQL, Vienna, and various other libraries oboe, but they always sound either strained or non-oboey. (sorry for the wordage, my brain fails me at this time of night)

This one was pretty decent as far as oboe's go. which library did you use?

At any rate, great piece and please give us more. You're very talented on both the creative end and the technical end of writing for orchestra.

Cass

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast