• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spring

Share/Bookmark

Spring

https://www.box.com/s/8pg9g6l4su1kph9htock

Tomorrow is officially SPRING!
    This is an ancient Hungarian song, probably past on by singing for over a thousand years. The song is about the wind in the springtime, melting the snow and ice, two young people pairing off, declaring their love for each other.
    I put this together very quickly to get it on the Forum in time.
    Cass, this is a song I wish you hear...

Ted

Re: Spring

Spring is in the air! We had a "Spring" piece recently, now this lovely Hungarian song.

Very nice, Ted - Did you use the choir in GPO?-- For several moments I was afraid there would be no music, because there's a large space of silence at the beginning of the file. But I had patience, and now have been blessed by this enchanting old song. Thank you-- Spring may now begin!

Randy

Thanks for listening. The long silence is due to my stupidity, I entered a "fade-in" without knowing what it will do, and had to go to dinner, so no time ( and lazy) to correct it. You would have to turn up the volume to hear the intro.
    The harp and flute is GPO, but the choir came with GVI factory samples from Bestservice's Classical Choir. The "mastering" was not done a la Randy, just MIDI, no time..
    Thanks again..

Ted

Very nice rendition of that old old piece - has that wonderful peaceful medieval quality to it. Wouldn't be amiss used in a roleplaying game or on a scene you describe, spring, melting snow etc.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Thanks. Feel free to use it (ha-ha), no charge....

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    https://www.box.com/s/8pg9g6l4su1kph9htock

Cass, this is a song I wish you hear...

Ted
    Ted,

Wish no more, I heard it and I'm still recovering from the impact of it on my sensibilities. What a gorgeous piece. (I knew it would be even before listening to it.)

You mentioned it was passed down through the eons by singing which reminded me of my grandmother who immigrated to this country from Hungary in 1916. I never got to hear her sing, but my mother told me she had an incredibly powerful voice like an opera singer and of sublime texture. She would sing outside while hanging up her clothes to dry and the whole neighborhood would come running to hear her sing. (hopefully not coming to watch her hang clothes up. ) My mom told me she knew countless songs from the old country and sang them both in and out of the house. She would sing in the house while making her famous bismarks and strudel pastries. Now those I remember!!! But I'm sorry I never got to hear her sing because even though she lived to 96, she was already in her 70's when I was born, so I missed out.

Thanks again Ted for this wonderful moment in my day, so much appreciated!!!

Cass

Hi Ted,

This is wonderful. Such a lovely, delicate moving song. Although there are no lyrics, one can almost feel the emotions in the music itself. You did a very good job in orchestrating it in a subtle and sober way.

Bravo!!!

Max

Go Back to forum