• Register
  • Help

Topic: String question

Share/Bookmark

String question

I was wondering if anyone will be sampling a small string section. I was thinking of something around three to four players. I know that Franz has made a violin section like that, and I am still using it. My director seems to like the sound. I have been layering this small section with Kirk Hunter\'s solo violin. I supposed I can always just layer other solo strings to get the desired sound...just a thought though...I always want a little bit more.

Re: String question

Not an answer to your question, but I noticed you said you\'d been layering the KH solo violin with your stuff, and I\'ve been playing with it for several days now and gotta say... omg... so happy with it. Incredible personality, it just sings out! Layers very, very well with SI strings too. Especially the slides, which the SI strings don\'t have. I think these solo strings are gunna make a great many people really happy!

They should, the KH stuff, that is. I don\'t have the slides yet, because I got an earlier beta. I like what I have so far.
    I just tried another experiment: I layered KH, Dan Dean violin, and the fiddle from Celtic Instruments, and I was pleasantly surprised by the result. It worked well.
    I can\'t wait to get the solo strings that Donnie made (Big Fish Audio).
    It\'s a shame that Nick does not want to release his violin and cello in Giga format now...I wonder how they sound...

Originally posted by esperlad:
    They should, the KH stuff, that is. I don\'t have the slides yet, because I got an earlier beta. I like what I have so far.
    I just tried another experiment: I layered KH, Dan Dean violin, and the fiddle from Celtic Instruments, and I was pleasantly surprised by the result. It worked well.
    I can\'t wait to get the solo strings that Donnie made (Big Fish Audio).
    It\'s a shame that Nick does not want to release his violin and cello in Giga format now...I wonder how they sound...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You DO have the slides.. dig around, you\'ll find them.

With regard to a small section, the original VS Strings have them. 2 players per note. Plus, there are combo files that layer those small sections on top of larger ones. Not sure if you knew that info since it has never really been advertised much.

Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com
    MuzkGuy@aol.com

Go Back to forum