• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Les Champs"

Share/Bookmark

"Les Champs"

All,

This is my "Les Champs", featuring the Garritan Steinway. It dates back to seven years ago when I first posted it here on the forum.

The left hand may be disconcerting to some of you. Throughout the work I wrote the accompaning chords on the first and third beats of the measure and the root notes on the second and fourth beats. This is backwards to the standard compositional form.

Take Care,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Les Champs"

Now I'm all Disconcerted!---hehe, no, I like the loping stride of your rhythm pattern. And as always, the consistently bright twinkle of your work made me smile, Mr. Larry. Thanks for re-posting something that goes back to even before I was here - now, That's a long time ago!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    All,

This is my "Les Champs", featuring the Garritan Steinway. It dates back to seven years ago when I first posted it here on the forum.

The left hand may be disconcerting to some of you. Throughout the work I wrote the accompaning chords on the first and third beats of the measure and the root notes on the second and fourth beats. This is backwards to the standard compositional form.

Take Care,
    Larry,

I really like the feeling to the left hand here. I'm glad you explained it because I wouldn't of figured it out. I just knew is was off kilter a bit, and you know how I enjoy off kilter!
    May I use that technique in a future piece of mine without upsetting you? I really like the effect and would love to use it sometime. Thanks for sharing this!!!!

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Now I'm all Disconcerted!---hehe, no, I like the loping stride of your rhythm pattern. And as always, the consistently bright twinkle of your work made me smile, Mr. Larry. Thanks for re-posting something that goes back to even before I was here - now, That's a long time ago!

Randy
    Sorry I discombobulated you, Mister Rand'. Take the rest of the day off.

My best to you up there in the great NorthWest.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cass Hansen View Post
    Larry,

I really like the feeling of the left hand here. I'm glad you explained it because I wouldn't have figured it out. I just knew is was off-kilter a bit and you know how I enjoy off-kilter!

May I use that technique in a future piece of mine without upsetting you? I really like the effect and would love to use it sometime. Thanks for sharing this!

Cass
    Soitenly you may! I don't have a copyright on this composition technique, Mister Cass.

Thanks for your message. Get well soon!

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

After reading the description I had to hear it for myself. Very interesting technique and a wonderful little piece.

It sounds like a 'rag' is threatening to breakout at any moment, held back by the controlling left hand.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    After reading the description I had to hear it for myself. Very interesting technique and a wonderful little piece.

It sounds like a 'rag' is threatening to breakout at any moment, held back by the controlling left hand.
    Aye, Lad, there is a wee bit of ragtime underneath it all.

I thank ye for havin' a listen.

May all of your clovers have four leaves.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Yes, Larry,

A tricky ragtime with a classical undertone. Ragtime pianists would love this one (out of the normal).

Thanks for the lighthearted lovely pice, Larry!

Max

My pleasure! Thank YOU for listening, Mister Max.

Best,

Larry G. Alexander

Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum