• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Topic: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    Fellow Music Creators,

    Herewith is my "Woodwind Quartet Number Three".

    All instruments (flute, clarinet, oboe and bassoon) are GPO.

    Regards to everyone.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    Larry,

    This is a charming work for winds. Your memorable thematic material sparkles with cleverness and polyphonic refinement. This quartet is definitely one of the best pieces I have heard from you!

  3. #3

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Damon View Post
    Larry,

    This is a charming work for winds. Your memorable thematic material sparkles with cleverness and polyphonic refinement. This quartet is definitely one of the best pieces I have heard from you!
    Thanks, Mister Sean.

    I would like to be a composer when I grow up.

    Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    The Larry Alexander Master Class is in session again! And your "Fellow Music Creators" are once again more than pleased to be in your class, getting fresh inspiration from your expertly crafted, consistently cheerful music.

    Thank you many times over, once again, Mr. A - your woodwind piece is nothing short of a total delight.

    Randy

  5. #5

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    The Larry Alexander Master Class is in session again! And your "Fellow Music Creators" are once again more than pleased to be in your class, getting fresh inspiration from your expertly crafted, consistently cheerful music.

    Thank you many times over, once again, Mr. A - your woodwind piece is nothing short of a total delight.

    Randy
    You can write circles around me Mister Rand' and you are a thespian also, which I am not.

    Thanks, young'un for the kind words and thank you for taking the time to have a listen. Now, if only you were also a good conservative Republican dude...everything would be perfect.

    My best to you and Miz Bowser.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    Hi Larry,


    Thank you so much for this wonderful piece of classical music full of joy and optimism. It certainly passes through your endless enthusiasm.

    Beautiful!

    Max

  7. #7

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Hi Larry,


    Thank you so much for this wonderful piece of classical music full of joy and optimism. It certainly passes through your endless enthusiasm.

    Beautiful!

    Max
    Thank you, Mister Max. I am pleased and uplifted by your kind words and your acceptance of my meager offerings.

    Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    2,978

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    Larry,

    A very enjoyable piece.

    I especially liked the bassoon work.

    There's always a uplifting abandonment to your music when you compose in this style. Maybe it takes one back a ways when good times seemed to be easier to come by.


    Phil

  9. #9

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    Not many good times any more, Mister Phil. It seems that our world is going to hell in the proverbial hand-basket!

    It's good to hear from you. Has Spring arrived in your neck of the woods way up there in the NorthWest? When I got up this morning here in the sunny South the temperature was thirty-two degrees Fahrenheit! Thirty-two degrees!

    Thanks for your message. Stay in touch.

    Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10

    Re: "Woodwind Quartet Number Three"

    I have to laugh at myself Larry, I think I'm getting very tired because I'm frenetically packing to go to Albuquerque tomorrow, which I put off untill now.

    The reason I'm laughing is because I first read it quickly as "Woodwind Quarter with three players" which of course I wouldn't put it past you. If anyone could get away with it, it would be you!!


    As always, I always admire your versatility and craftsmanship with counterpoint. Did your last name use to be BACH and you changed it to Alexander so you could be first in the alphabet when people use the alphabet to select people?

    Obviously I'm a little punchy right now, please forgive.

    Loved it,

    Cass

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •