• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Garritan Product Owner

Share/Bookmark

New Garritan Product Owner

I just wanted to say what a true joy the Garritan products are. I started with purchasing Personal Orchestra 4, then Classic Pipe Organs, and most recently World Instruments.

I've been entering public domain scores (e.g. Vivaldi, Bach) into a music notation program (MagicScore Maestro), exporting this to MIDI files, and then using the Garritan libraries with FL Studio to create my audios.

Unfortunately, I wasted money by purchasing sound fonts for another product (who will remain unnamed); I found the freely available sound fonts to be better quality than the those in the commercial product that I wasted $150.00 on.

But then I took a chance on Garritan. Oh - the joy!!! I literally feel like I'm conducting a real orchestra when I listen to my audios. From the manuals alone you can see that the Garritan products are an act of love, from musicians and for musicians.

For Christmas, I had given one of my best friends a recording I made of Vivaldi's The Four Seasons (his favorite). That recording was made with free sound fonts. Then I gave him another CD, this time with the recording made with my Garritan libraries; he thought I had spliced in clips from a real orchestra!

I just wanted to share this with others.

Re: New Garritan Product Owner

Good for you, Stevan! I've owned Garritan Concert & Marching Band sounds for a long time, the first edition and then COMB2, but I felt the same as you when I more recently purchased GPO4. Those sounds, combined with convolution reverb and a bit of judicious tweaking in the Aria Player EQ, and the sound is very real.
    Arthur J. Michaels
    https://www.facebook.com/composerarthurjmichaels

Finale 2000 through Finales 25.4 (currently using Finale 25.4)
    Garritan COMB2, GPO4, GPO5, Audacity 2.1.3
    Core i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home Premium x64
    Dell 2408 WFP, 1920x1200
    M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    M-Audio AV-40 monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Stevan Makarevich View Post
    I just wanted to say what a true joy the Garritan products are...
    For Christmas, I had given one of my best friends a recording I made of Vivaldi's The Four Seasons (his favorite). That recording was made with free sound fonts. Then I gave him another CD, this time with the recording made with my Garritan libraries; he thought I had spliced in clips from a real orchestra!

I just wanted to share this with others.
    What a super post, Stevan! A big, hearty welcome to you - glad you found the Forum and have joined in. And I am sure I've never seen a more enthusiastic first post - I'm so happy for you, and happy for us here at the Forum to have you onboard.

Loved that last quote I pulled out - that your friend thought you'd pulled a fast one, slipping in the recording of a real orchestra. You must be already getting good results. Great!

Randy

I agree with you Stevan! I have purchased a few libraries now and I am also fascinated with Garritan Libraries. I only first purchased their first product last year (Garritan Instant Orchestra) I immediately fell in love with it! 80% of my composition in the last year contained GIO. Now with my recent purchase of Garritan Personal Orchestra it is most likely going to be 95%. These are some great libraries. My EWQLSO - Silver has been pretty much rendered non-usable now . Looking forward to hearing some of your works in the listening room.

Regards,

Richard

Congrats - GPO4 (and IO) are a great combination if you plan on getting both.

A note on the Silver edition of East West - it's not comparable in my opinion, because the Silver edition is nothing more than an expensive cut down demo of the proper East West library - GPO includes everything you need, Silver is missing so much (especially in the articulation area) - The correct version of EW for comparison would be the Gold version (or Platinum if you're into mic placements).

The Aria player though is far ahead of East Wests play engine in terms of usability and resource use - so that's another plus.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Go Back to forum