• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: EASTWEST announce "SILVER" and "GOLD" EDITIONS of EWQLSO

Share/Bookmark

EASTWEST announce "SILVER" and "GOLD" EDITIONS of EWQLSO

<center> </center>

EASTWEST announced today it will ship two additional versions of the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA in two weeks (November 21).

The $295 \"SILVER EDITION\" is designed for Educators, Students, Composers, and Professional Musicians who require a portable \"on the road\" solution at an unbelieveable price. The SILVER EDITION includes the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA, EASTWEST STEINWAY B GRAND PIANO, PIPE ORGAN (from Post Musical Instruments), and FEMALE and MALE CHOIRS (from Voices of the Apocalypse).

The $995 \"GOLD EDITION\" includes over 95% of the Instruments and Articulations from the $2,995 PLATINUM EDITION.

Both the SILVER and GOLD EDITIONS offer one mic position in 16-bit for all samples (similar to other orchestral sample libraries) as opposed to the 24-bit multiple mic position PLATINUM EDITION.

As the SILVER EDITION is designed for portability, registered PLATINUM users who need an additional \"on the road\" solution can purchase this version for only $49 (from EASTWEST). Any compositions created with the SILVER or GOLD EDITIONS can be played back in the PLATINUM EDITION.

Both versions are expected to sell in large quantities due to the critical success of the EASTWEST/QUANTUM LEAP SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA. Pre-Orders are now available at the links provided below. EASTWEST will ship pre-orders in the order they were received after release on November 21.

In related news, EASTWEST announced an INTEREST FREE time-payment program for the PLATINUM EDITION for US customers. Contact EASTWEST (sales@eastwestsounds.com or 1-800-833-8339) for details.

<center> </center>

QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE \"SILVER EDITION\" -

[*]The SILVER EDITION is designed for Educators, Students, Composers, and Professional Musicians who require a portable \"on the road\" solution at an unbeatable price.

[*]The SILVER EDITION includes most instruments and basic articulations from the $2,995 PLATINUM EDITION.

[*]The SILVER EDITION is 16-bit stereo (similar to most other orchestral sample libraries) as opposed to the 24-bit, multiple mic, PLATINUM EDITION.

[*]The SILVER EDITION includes both solo instruments and sections.

[*]The SILVER EDITION is only 2.4 GB (including the Steinway Piano, Pipe Organ and Choirs) and is on one DVD.

[*]The SILVER EDITION includes a version of EASTWEST\'s critically acclaimed STEINWAY B piano.

[*]The SILVER EDITION includes a PIPE ORGAN from POST MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (PMI).

[*]The SILVER EDITION includes FEMALE and MALE CHOIRS from QUANTUM LEAP\'s KEYBOARD MAGAZINE \"KEY BUY AWARD\" recipient and SOS (UK) \"FIVE STAR AWARD\" recipient \"VOICES OF THE APOCALYPSE\".

[*]The SILVER EDITION includes Integrated high-quality reverb, delay, and other effects.

[*]The SILVER EDITION includes the same KOMPAKT INSTRUMENT software from NATIVE INSTRUMENTS as the PLATINUM EDITION, and does not require super computers; in fact, you can use the SILVER EDITION on laptops and average computer systems (see system specifications).

[*]The SILVER EDITION can also be imported into KONTAKT (from version 1.5), for even greater flexibility and more options for working with the sound material (for example - creating your own programs)

[*]The SILVER EDITION is completely upward compatible with the GOLD and PLATINUM EDITIONS.

[*]Compositions created in the SILVER EDITION can be played back in the GOLD and PLATINUM EDITIONS (at 24-bit, and with the Concert Hall mics in the Platinum Edition) - providing users with a known upgrade path at any time.

[*]The SILVER EDITION \"Upgrade Plan\" enables users to apply 100% of the purchase price for the SILVER EDITION towards an upgrade to the GOLD or PLATINUM EDITION at any time.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION GO TO -
    http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-161

<center> </center>

QUICK FACTS ABOUT THE \"GOLD EDITION\" -

[*]The GOLD EDITION includes the vast majority of instruments and articulations from the $2,995 PLATINUM EDITION.

[*]The GOLD EDITION is 16-bit stereo (similar to other orchestral sample libraries) as opposed to the 24-bit, multiple mic, PLATINUM EDITION.

[*]The GOLD EDITION includes a few multiple mic programs and samples from the PLATINUM EDITION.

[*]The GOLD EDITION includes release trails (additional reverb, and other effects are also included in the NATIVE INSTRUMENTS KOMPAKT software - see the screen shot below)).

[*]The GOLD EDITION includes the same KOMPAKT INSTRUMENT software from NATIVE INSTRUMENTS as the PLATINUM EDITION, and does not require super computers; if you are using other high-end sample libraries, it will run on your current system (see system specifications).

[*]The GOLD EDITION can also be imported into KONTAKT (from version 1.5), for even greater flexibility and more options for working with the sound material (for example - creating your own programs)

[*]The GOLD EDITION is completely upward compatible with the PLATINUM EDITION; compositions created in the GOLD EDITION can be played back in the PLATINUM EDITION - at 24-bit, and with the Concert Hall mics - providing users with a known upgrade path at any time.

[*]The GOLD EDITION \"Upgrade Plan\" enables users to apply 100% of the purchase price for the GOLD EDITION towards an upgrade to the PLATINUM EDITION at any time.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION GO TO -
    http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-160

<center> </center>

Re: EASTWEST announce "SILVER" and "GOLD" EDITIONS of EWQLSO

Just want to add one thing. We recently discovered that EWQLSO streaming performance is greatly enhanced by turning off virtual memory(paging) on a PC. The Gold version is running extremely well on an average PC and getting polyphony greater than Gigastudio, using normal streaming settings (low buffers enabling you to load more instruments).

You know it was never our intention to make a library that was inaccessible to the average guy. All that does is create resentment, which I have noticed from time to time. As you can tell by our ship dates, we have been working on this for a while. This is not a price reduction, it is a way for everyone to enjoy EWQLSO. Hopefully this will be the case! We\'re not Microsoft, you know.

God Blimey, They\'re coming thick and fast now!! Too late for me I\'ve gone GPO. Any pre-cross grades? ¦:^)

I Could really have fancied the Gold though.

Why don\'t you do it like wedding anniveraries, silver , gold , ruby, diamond, some other cheap stones etc etc....

Alternatively, Regular, Big, Really Big, Unbelievable?

Sounds great. Pity Gary brought ahead your planned Winter NAAM launch?

Congrats on your VOTA Nick. VOTA must be really good to survive two years in this business!

Frank

Let\'s wait to see what surprise VSL will be offering in a few days [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

This looks like the current price war in our Dutch grocery stores [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I think this is a highly commendable release on EW\'s part. I\'m really glad to see this. I\'ve been a little concerned about what the GPO will do to the marketshare of these larger libraries. I\'ve developed a smaller library in the past and I know how much work goes into this stuff. However, I can\'t even concieve of how much work must have been required of QLSO and the VSL; not to mention the financial investment. The potential impact of GPO to these efforts could be catastrophic. A release like this makes it reasonable for someone like me to support both efforts.

One question: which mic position will be preserved for the Gold version? I hope it\'s the far one. That\'s the best one [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

whoops. Sorry... double post

Oh, good! I haven\'t purchased GPO yet! Decisions, decisions! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Nick Phoenix:
    As you can tell by our ship dates, we have been working on this for a while.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m really dubious about the potential of these libraries - in as much as it\'s not trivial business to get program the immediacy that the Garritan library promises. Given that eveyone understands that the \"bigger\" library can have an unwieldy feel to getting switching and such to perform, and I can\'t imagine that this has been done and been held back from the top line library.

The timing is suspicious, and looks to me like they\'re masking the fact that they\'ve cut the price of their library by 66% under the guise of ditching 5% of functionality... The $295 library looks completely reactive to me.

BTW, is the silver version coming with a bundled sequencing and scoring program like Garritan Personal Orchestra? If you were really targeting that market, I would have thought it would have been somehow provided a complete end-to-end solution entry point for those that are new to the market - like Garry has done with his GPO bundle.

I\'m not impressed.

Geez Houston,
    You\'re being slightly overcritical, don\'t you think? If you just spent several years of your life working on something great and wanted to reap the rewards for it in sales, wouldn\'t you do whatever you could to keep it competitive? These guys should be commended, not scorned. GPO will be fantastic, but in terms of sheer sonic quality, this library has an undeniable edge.
    Regards,
    Jamey

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast