PDA

View Full Version : OT: Shameless self-promotion

danpowers
08-25-2012, 01:09 PM
If there are any New York City denizens on the board, I'd like to invite you to the New York Chamber Music Festival (http://www.newyorkchambermusicfestival.org/) concert on September 9, 5:00 pm at Symphony Space.

It's a free concert, and will include my composition Prelude and Bacchanal (http://youtu.be/JJFIUXIMAFw) for violin, horn, and piano.

Yep, it's my NYC debut! Start spreadin' the news...

Pingu
08-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Genuinely sorry that I'm not even on the right continent - that's a great piece!

rbowser-
08-25-2012, 01:45 PM
A hearty congratulations to you, Dan! New York - clear across the continent from me, I don't think I'll be able to make it to the concert. But I sure appreciate the opportunity to hear your contribution via YouTube - Love your description that you've posted there, because it's accurate and to the point, "...fairly wild..." Yeah! And I love it.

Big round of applause. )(~)(~

Randy

swinkler
08-27-2012, 08:24 AM
Terrific Dan! Congrats on the NYC premier. What a fun piece to show a fellow Hoosier's talent. Thanks for sharing that. You mention it's a movement implying there are more? Is that part of a suite perhaps?

fabiolcati
08-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Congratulations for having your composition premiered in NYC.
Just listened to it on YouTube and I think it deserves a more wide audience than the Big Apple! :)
The other contents of your CD are still good as this one.

danpowers
08-27-2012, 10:04 AM
...The other contents of your CD are still good as this one.

Oh, so you're the one who bought it! :D Thanks!

@Swinkler: No, it's a single movement piece. I don't plan to add more, it seems pretty self-contained as it is. But thank you. I'll try to make Indiana proud!

Thanks also to Randy and Pingu for your best wishes.

Francesco
08-30-2012, 06:52 PM
I wish you all the best, and wish I was in NYC. unfortunally I live in Italy!
Many compliments and keep on going *()
Francesco