PDA

View Full Version : How's the enclosed sample-set with Gigasampler?

stmikkel
07-06-1999, 07:53 AM
Hi.

I\'m thinking about buying gigasampler, but can anyone give me some info on what kind of instruments, and quality these samples have -that are in the package when you buy the program.
Are there any other all-round sample-set that I should buy?
(drums, bass, keyboards, analog synth sounds etc....)
I can\'t afford buying a lot of sample cd\'s, so I have to get one or two very good all-round sample cd-sets instead.
Can anyone give me some good advice in this matter?

Thanks.

Bailey
07-16-1999, 03:19 PM
I would like to know the answer to this also. C\'mon guys, nobody (even Nemysis) seems like they want to answer this question.

mitchb2
07-16-1999, 03:26 PM
GigaPiano, an awesome acoustic grand piano, an electric bass, a snare, a few synth sounds (sawtooth, snare, etc.)

As with ANY sampler, you have to invest in sample CD\'s or sample things yourself.

Bailey
07-16-1999, 03:30 PM
Some, although inferior (DS-1) giveaway an extensive library with the purchase. Thanks, anyway. By the way, I also heard that there is a violin sample on the bundled cd. Is that true?

KIA
07-19-1999, 03:25 AM
Hi Guys

A really neat general purpose library would be a General Midi compatible one with 128 sounds ranging from Piano to Polish Nasal Flute (Sorry, Gunshot).

Can you imagine having access to a proper sample bass on one track and a real string orchestra on another..

Just a thought

KIA the inscrutable

Bill
07-19-1999, 09:17 AM
A GM Soud set (CONEXENT)has been promised for long time, but has yet to be available.