PDA

View Full Version : Extended Classical Choir?

Turner
07-21-1999, 06:55 AM
I\'ve appreciated all the information you other members have provided, especially, you holger. Now, can anyone give me a little more info on the \"Extended Classical Choir\"? Anyone used it? Impressions? Can anyone compare it to \"Symphony of Voices\"?

Thanks

holger
07-21-1999, 10:11 AM
I reprogrammed the classical choir extended for AKAI and gigasampler´. Every note now has it´s own sample, so absolutely no transposition effects appear. Available big sets approx 40 Mb/Choir and additional short looped under 16 Mb/Choir, but also 1 sample 1 key. The sound is brilliant, GS has Modulation crossfade between different choirs like uuhh - ahh.
Symphony sounds less bright, much more spacious, diffuse and mysterious, but the transpsition artifacts are very big. The bandwith of sounds and sung phrases are bigger then in classical choir. I like the operatic solo voices, for example.

I used both ´many productions. Can not say which to prefer.

holger
07-21-1999, 10:11 AM
I reprogrammed the classical choir extended for AKAI and gigasampler´. Every note now has it´s own sample, so absolutely no transposition effects appear. Available big sets approx 40 Mb/Choir and additional short looped under 16 Mb/Choir, but also 1 sample 1 key. The sound is brilliant, GS has Modulation crossfade between different choirs like uuhh - ahh.
Symphony sounds less bright, much more spacious, diffuse and mysterious, but the transpsition artifacts are very big. The bandwith of sounds and sung phrases are bigger then in classical choir. I like the operatic solo voices, for example.

I used both ´many productions. Can not say which to prefer.

Bill
07-21-1999, 10:24 AM
Just note that, contrary to what is implied by the posted description, there are not separate instrument files for B, T, A and S; they are “blended”. If that meets your needs, the choral sound really is breathtaking. If you want to do more traditional 4 part writing, this library may not be the one.

Dave Of NemeSys
07-21-1999, 02:59 PM
Info for Holger and others.
The bump in the crossfade has been fixed so you will really like the crossfades in the Choir now. It was always fine with a slow fade but now it sounds perfect no matter what the speed. This fix is in 1.6 which we are still testing a tweaking. We will put it online and in new products shortly.

Take care
Dave

Nagash20
06-19-2002, 12:36 AM
SoV is better than ECC, IMO images/icons/smile.gif

A little vintage post here images/icons/smile.gif