PDA

View Full Version : Mr Scott Joplin on the GARRITAN STEINWAY

valhalx
04-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Here is Scott Joplin's "Fig Leaf" A High Class Rag (http://www.valhalx.com/figleafrag.mp3).

Enjoy,

Bill

JohnGrant
04-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Here is Scott Joplin's "Fig Leaf" A High Class Rag (http://www.valhalx.com/figleafrag.mp3).

Enjoy,

Bill

Good stuff. TOTALLY real-sounding, in spite of some mechanical midi characteristics. Is this a readily accessible joplin mid file? And what were your settings?

JG

valhalx
04-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Good stuff. TOTALLY real-sounding, in spite of some mechanical midi characteristics.
Thanks for the listen.

Is this a readily accessible joplin mid file? And what were your settings?

JGActually, this was done in Overture 4 notation.

This is the Underlid perspective
Sustain resonance Off
Sympathetic resonance 48
Reverb is SIR

Bill

Styxx
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
I love Scott Joplin's music! You have captured the tempo of his rags beautifully! The Steinway sounds perfect but I still love the sound of the slightly detuned upright that was so popularly used to play rags.
Despite, this will go into my folder of Joplin music rendered using Garritan tools.
Love it! Simply love it!

Ya mind if I play the heck out of it? :)

JohnGrant
04-10-2008, 10:38 AM
You've got to hand it to SIR, cheap (free) but amazingly good with the right impulse.

JG

DDW
04-10-2008, 10:49 AM
This is just terrifc, Bill! Sounded like Joplin at Carnegie Hall.

Much enjoyed, and your work at providing us with a glimpse of the Steinway's capabilities is very much appreciated. :)

Danny

schneb
04-10-2008, 12:12 PM
I love Joplin. Especially how it was used in The Sting. This is a great rendition with good dynamics in the velocity a the right moments.

This tune makes me think that Gary should make a package that contains several old honkey tonk upright pianos that range from good, to extremely decrepit--some with felt hammers, another with tacks. This would be great to use with my vast library of Player Piano MIDI files. :)

Jaybee
04-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Great stuff! Man, this just gets better and better. )(~)(~)(~

etLux
04-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Danny took the words right out of my mouth
(he does that, you know) -- Joplin at Carnegie
Hall!

Bill, the sound you got on this is fantastic.

Best,

David
www.DavidSosnowski.com

valhalx
04-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I love Scott Joplin's music! You have captured the tempo of his rags beautifully! The Steinway sounds perfect but I still love the sound of the slightly detuned upright that was so popularly used to play rags.
Despite, this will go into my folder of Joplin music rendered using Garritan tools.
Love it! Simply love it!
Thanks much Styxx. I'm honored to be in your Joplin folder, lol.

Ya mind if I play the heck out of it? :)Play it til it's broke, lol. :)

trentpmcd
04-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Sounds great. A bit different from La Campanella but just as fun.

June-Bug-Dan
04-11-2008, 09:23 AM
:wow:What do you say when your stunned for words?!?!?!?!

oh yeh, nothing.:p

Loved this to bits!!!!
Garritan Steinway can venture into all genres of music.
Thanks for this demo)(~

Regards,

A big Joplin fan;)Dan.W

englishgent
04-11-2008, 10:03 AM
That was great fun, and a fine example of the new Steinway. What impulse did you use in SIR?

Thanks for sharing this.
Owen