PDA

View Full Version : midi messages in sibelius

rolifer
08-22-2007, 08:28 PM
I use sibelius 4.1

I have recently received JABB and can not seem to get any vibrato in any of the winds. I have hit CTRL T and entered vib above the desired note. No effect. I have hit CTRL T and typed ~N3,127 with and without vib. Still nothing. I have contacted Sibelius, they gave the above suggestions. I have contacted the Jabb people and they say buy sib 5. I do not have the money for that at this time. I have been everywhere I can think off and nothing seems to work....HELP

Sharkbat
08-22-2007, 08:45 PM
To get vibrato in the JABB Winds, you need to use aftertouch. To do this, you insert the command ~A127, or whatever value you want. The ~A command is channel aftertouch, the ~a command is polyphonic aftertouch. JABB uses Channel Aftertouch.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Sharkbat
08-22-2007, 08:47 PM
One more thing, note that there is no comma between ~A and the value unlike midi cc messages

Richard

MMOSC
08-22-2007, 08:47 PM
I use sibelius 4.1

I have recently received JABB and can not seem to get any vibrato in any of the winds. I have hit CTRL T and entered vib above the desired note. No effect. I have hit CTRL T and typed ~N3,127 with and without vib. Still nothing. I have contacted Sibelius, they gave the above suggestions. I have contacted the Jabb people and they say buy sib 5. I do not have the money for that at this time. I have been everywhere I can think off and nothing seems to work....HELP

rolifer

If you are using the K2 updated JABB library with the 2.2.3 Kontakt2 player the JABB Performance Patches will add user defined vibrato for you. Currently patches are available for selected JABB instruments but this includes soprano, alto tenor & Bari sax - open & harmon mute trumpet, trombone, tuba & flugelhorn - flute, clarinet & bass clarinet

The patches are available at Mike's K2 Scripts (http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3h95m/k2scripts/)

They should work fine in sib4

Mike

rolifer
08-22-2007, 09:12 PM
To get vibrato in the JABB Winds, you need to use aftertouch. To do this, you insert the command ~A127, or whatever value you want. The ~A command is channel aftertouch, the ~a command is polyphonic aftertouch. JABB uses Channel Aftertouch.

Hope this helps,

Richard

That did it. Thank you very much!!!!
Do I have to turn it off as well? If so, How?

rolifer

If you are using the K2 updated JABB library with the 2.2.3 Kontakt2 player the JABB Performance Patches will add user defined vibrato for you. Currently patches are available for selected JABB instruments but this includes soprano, alto tenor & Bari sax - open & harmon mute trumpet, trombone, tuba & flugelhorn - flute, clarinet & bass clarinet

The patches are available at Mike's K2 Scripts (http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3h95m/k2scripts/)

They should work fine in sib4

Mike

Where do I find out which version of Kontakt Player I have?

MMOSC
08-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Where do I find out which version of Kontakt Player I have?

Click on the NI icon in the upper right hand corner a window will pop up on the left of that pop up there is a grey area with the version information

Mike

rolifer
08-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Click on the NI icon in the upper right hand corner a window will pop up on the left of that pop up there is a grey area with the version information

Mike
I guess I have version 1.0. It says Library 1.0 so does that mean the K2 scripts will not work?

MMOSC
08-23-2007, 12:40 AM
I guess I have version 1.0. It says Library 1.0 so does that mean the K2 scripts will not work?

Ron,

From your PM it does appear you have the 1.5 version. You should consider updating to the 2.2.3 version as there are many benifits to the K2 player.

It's a free update on NI's web site just be sure to install both the 2.2.2 update first then the 2.2.3

Mike