PDA

View Full Version : Old Dog - New Tricks

reberclark
07-14-2007, 12:28 PM
In the olden days when I still used "black box" sound sources I was very used to using only key velocity to add accents to my brass work. I have now discovered, after living awhile with GPO, that adding one of the "aggressive" overlay tracks next to the plr1 (or regular overlay track - or both!) and only copying the notes I wish accented to the "ag" track gives me a wonderful brass sound. I was initially disappointed with the Garritan brass sounds but after discovering this technique they really do sound great. Just my two cents worth!

snorlax
07-14-2007, 03:48 PM
In the olden days when I still used "black box" sound sources I was very used to using only key velocity to add accents to my brass work. I have now discovered, after living awhile with GPO, that adding one of the "aggressive" overlay tracks next to the plr1 (or regular overlay track - or both!) and only copying the notes I wish accented to the "ag" track gives me a wonderful brass sound. I was initially disappointed with the Garritan brass sounds but after discovering this technique they really do sound great. Just my two cents worth!

Woof, woof!! :D Good tip!!

Snor