PDA

View Full Version : JABB KP2 reloads samples every Logic save?

dcrigger
05-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Is the Kp2/JABB supposed to re-load all samples everytime I select save in Logic Pro?

The setting of the Options/Load/"Always re-write samples as WAV when saving" check box doesn't seem to have any effect.

David

karvasika
05-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't know if this is in any way related, but in Ableton Live, whenever I drag a track with KP2 on it, the player reloads all the samples and I'm unable to drag it since the load happens in a popup that takes away the focus.

Soooo... it could be something in the KP2 that causes thie reload. It happened with KP1.5 too in Ableton Live, so maybe that's just the way NI's products roll.

Journeyman
05-25-2007, 04:26 PM
Tom Hopkins: Any response to this question? Thanks!

dcrigger
05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
Journeyman - Thanks for the bump (I was about to myself)..

More info since posting - I have a Logic file with two multi KP2's loaded and one stereo KP2 loaded. With every save function all three's sample loading windows pop up and reload the samples - one after another. Even with NO samples loaded, all three windows pop up briefly in rapid succession.

Any thoughts?

David

Markleford
05-26-2007, 11:25 AM
I've never seen this. Is it on PC or Mac?

- m

dcrigger
05-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I've never seen this. Is it on PC or Mac?

- m

Mac

Logic Pro 7.2.2
OSX 10.4.8

Markleford
05-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately I have no Mac to test on. However...

Even with NO samples loaded, all three windows pop up briefly in rapid succession.
Huh? Then what is acutally shown in the window? Or does it go past too fast to see?

One thing you might try to test: load your 'no samples' project (or make a new one), and save it again to confirm it's doing the same bizarre behavior. THEN temporarily move your .nks files to a different folder, and try to save again: if it's truly looking for samples, then it won't be able to find them and the dialog will pause for input.

- m

dcrigger
05-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Huh? Then what is acutally shown in the window? Or does it go past too fast to see?

With no samples loaded the sample load window(s) flash on and off very quickly - before they've even filled in - other than black.

One thing you might try to test: load your 'no samples' project (or make a new one), and save it again to confirm it's doing the same bizarre behavior. THEN temporarily move your .nks files to a different folder, and try to save again: if it's truly looking for samples, then it won't be able to find them and the dialog will pause for input.

- m

Tried a new from scratch factory default file (good idea, I hadn't tried this yet) - but alas same results. As for moving the .nks - the plug-in, of course, recognizes the missing library files, and trying to load an instruments produces a file missing screen. But even after aborting the load - with the plugin still initiated - the same behaviour occurs.

Thanks for the input - I'm willing to test any other ideas.

BTW more info - if more than two projects are opened in Logic at the same time - switching between them triggers a reload.

Within a single project - changing the projects sample rate triggers a reload.

This has all been on my Powermac G5 - I will attempt to install JABB/KP2 on my Macbook (mac/intel) laptop later and see if behaves similarly with Logic.

Thanks again,
David

Markleford
05-27-2007, 08:47 PM
As for moving the .nks - the plug-in, of course, recognizes the missing library files, [...]

What I meant for you to attempt was to get the "no samples loaded, but sample file load screen appears on project save" behaviour *after* you had moved the .nks files. The intent was to pop up the 'missing file dialog' on that save so that we could try to figure out which samples it *thinks* it's searching for!

After all, how can it be searching for samples when none are loaded? I'm curious to find out what it's after!

- m

dcrigger
05-27-2007, 11:13 PM
What I meant for you to attempt was to get the "no samples loaded, but sample file load screen appears on project save" behaviour *after* you had moved the .nks files.

If I'm understanding you, that is what I did.

1. Remove .nks files

2. Open new, default Logic project

3. Instantiate a KP2 plug-in - which visible recognizes that the .nks files are missing.

4. Attempt to load an Instrument - sample load window opens and asks about the missing sample files.

5. Cancel out, but leave the plug-in instantiated (though with no instruments or samples loaded)

6. Pressing save then (and everytime thereafter) produces a quick on-off of the sample load menu.

It is as if the window opens as though it has something it is supposed to do - because save has been selected - then immediately closes as there are no samples to "re-load"

The intent was to pop up the 'missing file dialog' on that save so that we could try to figure out which samples it *thinks* it's searching for!

After all, how can it be searching for samples when none are loaded? I'm curious to find out what it's after!

- m

As curious as the trying to load no-samples issue is - the far bigger issue is why is it wanting/needing/insisting on reloading every sample in every active instrument everytime save is instigated.

I can press save and it reloads, then only just locate to a different spot in the timeline (one mouse click), then press save again and KP2 reloads all of the samples.

I'm just curious if it is a "just me and my computer" thing or a wrong setting or ????

Thanks,

David