08-20-2005, 05:36 PM
THERE IS NO WAY TO DOWNLOAD YOUR SCRIPTS TO A MAC

When you hold the control key, mac gives you the option to:

Open Link in new window
Open Link in new Tab
Downoad Linked File
Add Link to bookmarks
Copy link

but you CAN'T choose a name for the file!

I choose " download linked file"

It just saves the worthless link to you hard drive and you can do nothing with it. Mac will not give you the opportunity to change the file extension before you download it and after you do download it, even if you remove th.txt file extension the file is worthless.

Please post some other kind of file for mac users. The files you are posting are worthless.

giga...

vic_france
08-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Ctrl key? Try the Alt key ;)

Johnny_FX
08-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Maybe just click the download link ? I'm sure you'll get a quick response on this.

maszat
08-20-2005, 09:00 PM
I hope this helps

http://www.dori.com/safariShortcuts.html

Raindog
08-21-2005, 01:02 AM
THERE IS NO WAY TO DOWNLOAD YOUR SCRIPTS TO A MAC

When you hold the control key, mac gives you the option to:

Open Link in new window
Open Link in new Tab
Downoad Linked File
Add Link to bookmarks
Copy link

but you CAN'T choose a name for the file!

I choose " download linked file"

It just saves the worthless link to you hard drive and you can do nothing with it. Mac will not give you the opportunity to change the file extension before you download it and after you do download it, even if you remove th.txt file extension the file is worthless.

Please post some other kind of file for mac users. The files you are posting are worthless.

giga...

Hi Gigagagga,
itīs a nuissance but there is a workaround. Download the file with safari using either ctrl-click or the right mouse button (if you have one). Save to your prefered location. Unfortuantely it adds a .txt additionally to the desired .nkp extension. Click on info (just click on the file with command-I) and look at "name and suffix". Delete the .text extension and close the info window. The Mac asks you if you really want to do that, you say "Yes".
Voila, the resulting .nkp file works.

Sometimes even macs behave in a peculiar way ;)

regards
Raindog

Michiel Post
08-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Ever heard of MS Internet Exporer (it's installed on every Mac)?
And it works...

Raindog
08-21-2005, 05:16 AM
And it works...

Correct ;)

Dave Bourke
08-21-2005, 08:22 AM
And it works...
Oh yes, that's the one the US Government warns against using, isn'it?

The U.S. government's Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) is warning Web surfers to stop using Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser.

On the heels of last week's sophisticated malware attack that targeted a known IE flaw, US-CERT updated an earlier advisory to recommend the use of alternative browsers because of "significant vulnerabilities" in technologies embedded in IE.

"There are a number of significant vulnerabilities in technologies relating to the IE domain/zone security model, the DHTML object model, MIME-type determination, and ActiveX. It is possible to reduce exposure to these vulnerabilities by using a different Web browser, especially when browsing untrusted sites," US-CERT noted in a vulnerability note.

The latest US-CERT position comes at a crucial time for Microsoft , which has invested heavily to add secure browsing technologies in the coming Windows XP Service Pack 2. The software giant has spent the last few months talking up the coming IE security improvements but the slow response to patching well-known -- and sometimes "critical" -- browser holes isn't sitting well with security experts.

On discussion lists and message boards, security researchers have spent a lot of time beating the "Dump IE" drum, and the US-CERT notice is sure to lend credibility to the movement away from the world's most popular browser.

US-CERT is a non-profit partnership between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the public and private sectors. It was established in September 2003 to improve computer security preparedness and response to cyber attacks in the United States.

It has been more than two weeks since Microsoft confirmed the existence on an "extremely critical" IE bug, which was being used to load adware/spyware and malware on PCs without user intervention but, even though the company hinted it would go outside its monthly security update cycle to issue a fix, the flaw remains unpatched.

US-CERT researchers say the IE browser does not adequately validate the security context of a frame that has been redirected by a Web server. It opens the door for an attacker to exploit the flaw by executing script in different security domains.

"By causing script to be evaluated in the Local Machine Zone, the attacker could execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user running IE," according to the advisory.

"Functional exploit code is publicly available, and there are reports of incidents involving this vulnerability."

To protect against the flaw, IE users are urged to disable Active scripting and ActiveX controls in the Internet Zone (or any zone used by an attacker). Other temporary workarounds include the application of the Outlook e-mail security update; the use of plain-text e-mails and the use of anti-virus software.

Surfers must also get into the habit of not clicking on unsolicited URLs from e-mail, instant messages, Web forums or internet relay chat (IRC) sessions.

Not wishing to start any kind of war here but every single Mac user that I know personally has always dumped all MS software off their drives whenever they bought a new Mac in the past.

And I don't think that either IE or Outlook Express comes bundled with new Macs since Apple released Safari and Mail.

In this case, the user simply needs to Option (Alt) click the link to download it.

Kind regards.

Michiel Post
08-21-2005, 10:14 AM
:confused: Sensitive subject?
Anyway, IE is in the application folder of every Mac as long as I can remember, (This was a deal between Steve and Bill many years ago) no body uses it since Safari is such a great browser.

Note for Kornel: if you zip the files up before uploading them, Safari will start downloading the script and put the unpacked script on the Mac desktop (users can then drag and drop the script in the NI. Folder). This works on both (Mac and Windows) platforms.

Johnny_FX
08-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Acually IE ain't in 10.4 but it's no longer in development so no surprise. Safari has really taken on a life of it's own. Now to take office out of the game . . . hehe.

Dave Bourke
08-21-2005, 12:53 PM
With regard to taking Office out, it's well in hand:

http://www.openoffice.org/

Two versions available, both free: one for X11 windowing within OS X, and one plain vanilla OS X (called NeoOffice/J). Unless you're comfortable with X11, go for the NeoOffice/J download.

Kind regards.

gigagagga
08-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks Raindog your work around it WORKED! I was deleting the .txt from the only I was doing it by just clicking on the file on the desktop and then deleting the .txt part. I did not realize that you have to do it through the INFO box

THANKS!

BTW are you using K2 on a mac. I'm having lots of trouble with K2 causing clicks and pops while playing the Art Vista Virtual Grand Piano and I would like to fiqure out why.

thanks again

giga...

Raindog
08-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Thanks Raindog your work around it WORKED! I was deleting the .txt from the only I was doing it by just clicking on the file on the desktop and then deleting the .txt part. I did not realize that you have to do it through the INFO box

THANKS!

BTW are you using K2 on a mac. I'm having lots of trouble with K2 causing clicks and pops while playing the Art Vista Virtual Grand Piano and I would like to fiqure out why.

thanks again

giga...

There IS some problem with K2 and VG. For some reason it works fine on my G5 Mac but other people reported it already. If Iīll find the time, Iīll do a search. There IS a workaround by deleting some LFO modulation (which is strange) but I donīt recall it exactly. Kornel (Mezzo.com) does know it I believe.

Raindog
08-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Found it, though it has nothing to do with pops and crackles but with SOUND:

Original thread:
Steve,

There is a bug in Kontakt 2 that does something to the sound of the Basic Presets that have EQ1 in VGP. The work-around is to delete the LFO module when one of these presets is loaded in Kontakt 2. The LFO module is only needed when using the Player format.

Hans Adamson
Art Vista Productions
http://www.artvista.net/

I donīt know why you are having pops and crackles. VG is rather lesse demanding than some other libraries as it is 16 bit only. It works well with my (albeit rather powerful) 2 x 2.5 GHz/4 GByte RAM Mac. Kontakt 2 needs some tweaking of buffers which is dependant on the machine you use. Unfortunately, you have to experiment a bit with the buffer settings (in general and maybe with the instrument specific settings)
Hope this helped
Regards
Raindog

Raindog
08-22-2005, 05:00 AM
Increasing the latency of your soundcard may help as well (unfortunately at the cost of a decrease in performance....thereīs nothing for free within the virtual world ;) )
Raindog

gigagagga
08-22-2005, 07:42 AM
I increased the Latency to 30 mls and it made no difference. I will try to delete any EQ and FX that come in when the .nki file is opened and see if that helps.

Really, I would just like to know that it is not my system, but a bug in K2.

What is really strange is that NI went to all the trouble to develop this KPlayer and Intakt and so on... but if you buy those products and try to open the instruments in their flagship program K2 you get nothing but problems.

I'm really trying to get to know K2 and love it, but things like this make me really appreciate how well GS3 really works!

Thanks for all your help people. I love this forum!

giga...