PDA

View Full Version : V.K.C/K.G.B for Kontakt/Kompakt?

SCARBEE
04-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Since we often receive requests for a Kontakt version (K2 Sample Library) of Vintage Keyboard Collection and Keyboard Gold Bundle we have considered a release, but so far it has been kept back because of the serious risc of piracing and low sales.

We therefore will offer to release product if we get more than 25 binding PREORDERS. If we however do not receive these numbers it will not be interesting for us to finalize and release this product. Both VKC and KGB could be ready for release in few weeks.
Price of VKC will be $299 and KGB will sell for $399. If you want to PREORDER it must be based on this price and not on a future "SALE" price.

Please send a mail to shop@scarbee.com and write: KGB Kontakt - PREORDER or VKC Kontakt - PREORDER depending on what product you want to order. If we don't get the right number of preorders release will be cancelled and you will not buy anything. If you at some point regeret the preorder - please send a mail with Header: REGRET.

VKC crossgrade will be $99 (it will not be KGB since you can use VKFX from your KGB version). Note that You can NOT resell your Halion VKC or KGB as this is against the user License Agreement (Both Scarbee and Steinberg ones)

Please send a mail to shop@scarbee.com (shop@scarbee.com) and write: VKC Kontakt - PREORDER (crossgrade)

By looking at slow numbers it doesn't really look as a PROTECTED sample library version is realistic as I will just loose money on this project, so it will be an un-protected version if ever released - therefore price is back to higher one.

I also consider just to release N-HP for $59 and D6-C (all 8 sounds) for $199.

If all VKC instruments were bought seperately it would cost $169 (RSP73) + $169 (WEP) + $59 (N-HP) + $199 D6-C (all 8 sounds) = $596 - so you save $297 (VKC K2 is $299), which is a discount of 50%!!

With KGB you save 50% too: $596 (VKC sample libs) + $199 (VKFX) = $795 - so you save $297 (KGB K2 is $399), which is a discount of 50%!!

aplanchard
04-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi Thomas,

How about offering crossgrades from those of us who bought the bundle. I really want to get rid of the Halion player and Syncrosoft dongle and will pay to do so.

I can't be the only one, and presumably such purchases would contribute to the financial viability of completing the project.

Best of luck.

Thanks,
Allan

Yves
04-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Thomas ,

any crossgrades available for those on the Giga platform??

Yves

SCARBEE
04-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Hi Thomas,

How about offering crossgrades from those of us who bought the bundle. I really want to get rid of the Halion player and Syncrosoft dongle and will pay to do so.

I can't be the only one, and presumably such purchases would contribute to the financial viability of completing the project.

Best of luck.

Thanks,
Allan

Hi Alan,

Yes there will be upgrades/crossgrades from Giga/Halion/Halion Player etc if we release it. However only FULL PREORDERS will count to reach the 35 number.

SCARBEE
04-20-2006, 02:37 AM
You can monitor status of preorders at www.scarbee.com (http://www.scarbee.com) (Count)

juliannicholl
04-20-2006, 12:03 PM
+1 for a crossgrade if it happens.

linwood
04-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Crossgrade for me, as well.

SCARBEE
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
We now suddenly have option to protect Kontakt 2.1 libraries - though it cost us some license fee - it is definately a solution.

So we now just need 25 PREORDERs - at new price.

Price of VKC will be $249 (new price) and KGB wll sell for $349 (new price). If you want to PREORDER it must be based on this price and not on a future "SALE" price.

SCARBEE
04-26-2006, 12:09 PM
We will make individual skins (backgrounds) for RSP62, WEP, D6-C and N-HP... :wink:

Ouch that hurts
04-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Thomas,

If you say you can "protect" Kontakt libraries, what exactly does that mean? I was under the impression that this was going to be an "open" sample format release, which I take as meaning that it's possible to export the raw samples and load them into other programs. Most developers seem to see this as meaning that the program is completely unprotected, though practically speaking I'm not sure I agree with them.

Any clarification would be appreciated. I'm definitely still on for a crossgrade too. Maybe you should price up the crossgrades and see what kind of numbers you have for those. It could be you're too successful - everyone has already bought your libraries, in some form or another, so there just aren't that many completely new customers left! :)

SCARBEE
04-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Thomas,

If you say you can "protect" Kontakt libraries, what exactly does that mean? I was under the impression that this was going to be an "open" sample format release, which I take as meaning that it's possible to export the raw samples and load them into other programs. Most developers seem to see this as meaning that the program is completely unprotected, though practically speaking I'm not sure I agree with them.
:)

It would be protected like ex. Kontakt/Kompakt powered virtual Instruments - but without the player included. Unprotected sample libs are commercial suicide if you ask me..

Yeah maybe i should see numbers of crossgrades...

Deak
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
I'd be interested in a crossgrade too. Thansk SCARBEE for considering. And I too wonder if everyone has already bought you out.

aplanchard
04-27-2006, 04:13 PM
It would be protected like ex. Kontakt/Kompakt powered virtual Instruments - but without the player included. Unprotected sample libs are commercial suicide if you ask me..

Yeah maybe i should see numbers of crossgrades...

Presumably you are talking about a monolithic Kontakt file for each instrument?

Hans Scheffler
04-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Count me in for a crossgrade!

Hans

SCARBEE
04-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Presumably you are talking about a monolithic Kontakt file for each instrument?

Yes - if protected.

SCARBEE
04-28-2006, 01:21 AM
And I too wonder if everyone has already bought you out.

Hmm - In that case I would be a rich man. 1 out of 85 has probably paid for their RSP73 - rest is pirated. that is what statistics shows.

Try write Scarbee in google and you see the number of hits...with those numbers I should be a rich man..:rolleyes:

Ouch that hurts
04-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Hmm - In that case I would be a rich man. 1 out of 85 has probably paid for their RSP73 - rest is pirated. that is what statistics shows.

I really don't want to ignite one of the oldest flame topics in the world, but whatever "statistics" you're referring to are BS.

There's no serious way in the world that any statistical company can go out and measure the number of people using cracks of your software. What do they do, send out questionaires to all the studio owners in the yellow pages: "Which cracks do you run? And while you're at it, how much do you cheat on your tax return each year and have you ever murdered anyone? All answers treated in the strictest confidence of course....."

And even if an estimate of such usage could be made, there's still no way anyone could tell how many of those crack users would buy the product if they had to. Crack users get software for free, or for $10 off Ebay or some site. This does NOT mean that all of those users would pay the $299 or whatever you're asking if the crack was not available. Possibly close to none of them would.

Sorry, I don't mean to belittle your struggles and there are plenty of good arguments against using cracks and justifying copy protection. But this isn't one of them.

Deak
04-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Scarbee, sorry, I did not intend to touch upon a nerve. Infact, I have just been wondering why there have not been more replies and thumbs up. I just have to agree to the possibility that most regular posters on this forum probably already own vkc and so would be more interested in a crossgrade rather than a full price preorder. But, i feel for you and your need to protect your investment. Even though I do not like dongles (am more in the Bruce Richardson camp here), or Halion, I think your product is great and support you and wish you the best of luck. And more, I appreciate you wonderful sales and participation here on this forum. ;)

charl_charl
04-29-2006, 06:03 AM
Cross grade here as well !!!!!

Rich Pell
04-29-2006, 08:55 AM
1 more cross-grade from Halion player to K2.1 here please...:) Rich Pell

Houston Haynes
04-29-2006, 09:09 AM
I don't think he's counting forum posts as purchase commitments... maybe he'll come up with a separate form for cross-grades and add those to the count. My understanding from his site is that he's only counting hard purchase commitments right now.

Frankly, I have both HALion and Kontakt, and use the HALion player versions of VKC and SID and find that with the latest version of the HALion player things are pretty cool (too bad it wasn't like that at product launch - would've made HALion a real contender with Kontakt across the board). I can understand the desire to use SCARBEE's libraries with Kontakt, with all of the scripting and convolution potential, but if you're planning on using the instruments "as designed" then the current implementation is slick and efficient.

Just a couple of FYIs.

SCARBEE
04-30-2006, 04:05 AM
I don't think he's counting forum posts as purchase commitments... maybe he'll come up with a separate form for cross-grades and add those to the count. My understanding from his site is that he's only counting hard purchase commitments right now.

Yes this is true Houston.

VKC crossgrade will be $99 (it will not be KGB since you can use VKFX from your KGB version). Note that You can NOT resell your Halion VKC or KGB as this is against the user License Agreement (Both Scarbee and Steinberg ones)

But please send an emai to shop@scarbee.com saying:

VKC Kontakt - PREORDER (crossgrade)

If this offer is interesting..:|:

By looking at slow numbers it doesn't really look as a PROTECTED sample library version is realistic as I will just loose money on this project.

So right now most realistic is the un-protected K2 sample lib - but for higher price (VKC will be $299 and KGB will sell for $399)

steff3
04-30-2006, 04:33 AM
Well, I like HALion, but for use Mac users (especially not VST) ths situation is always a bit difficult - at least with the full version.

We just had 2 updates that broke links to previous versions, no matter if it gets fixed or not, 2 times in a row is just absurd and not promising for the future.
First there where AU multi-out problems, then problems with Logic Pro 6 (well, others also got it to work although Logic 6 may have had a non standard implementation of the AU specs), and so on.
No surround outs or flexible outs for AU. Do not know, but with DP it might be doable.

on the other hand NI is also not very promising.

multiformat libs (especially including exs) would be much better, so one could try to get it working -and the ones offering VIs too often let one standing in the rain.

I want to make music and not wait for arrogant companies to fix the problems - and currently this waiting time seems to be several months up to one year (K2).

Best

SCARBEE
04-30-2006, 04:47 AM
Hi Steff3,

No surround outs or flexible outs for AU. Do not know, but with DP it might be doable.

I guess this is due to Logic - you need to assign outputs yourself?

multiformat libs (especially including exs) would be much better, so one could try to get it working -and the ones offering VIs too often let one standing in the rain.

EXS24 is really dated and you can't do much with it. We wouldn't be able to release anything but those we already have released. EXS24 may be stable - but it is not powerfull with features at all. (you can max have 32 different samples on one key.

I want to make music and not wait for arrogant companies to fix the problems - and currently this waiting time seems to be several months up to one year (K2).

No companies are arrogant - and I know them all from inside. It is a question of resources. The piracy has made it very hard for any company to profit - this is why dongle protection is the new thing. Believe me - NOONE would protect their stuff if there was slightest chance it was NOT necessary: it is expensive, resource demanding (support) and very annoying to deal with for everybody.

jimmymio
04-30-2006, 11:54 PM
No companies are arrogant - and I know them all from inside. It is a question of resources. The piracy has made it very hard for any company to profit - this is why dongle protection is the new thing. Believe me - NOONE would protect their stuff if there was slightest chance it was NOT necessary: it is expensive, resource demanding (support) and very annoying to deal with for everybody.

I too run KGB in Logic and have had my share of frustrations but I agree 100% with Thomas and I point my finger at the pirates and not the developers who struggle with these same issues at levels exponentially greater than the end user.
Remember how much you hate dongles the next time a friend asks you to bring a hard drive by so he can load it up with some cracked programs.
JP

steff3
05-01-2006, 03:16 AM
I did not make a statement against donlges :-)

Personally I prefer them over C/P like NI has it. For Steinberg there is the problem when losing the dongle - I thing their routines for that are not nice nor intelligent. (if provided with the Dongle ID they could easy exclude it from everything).
Well, Thomas, I do not know VKC that well, but some of that stuff is available for exs, so I thought that the whole collection could be exs.

If not responding to user problems, telling users that they really have to retime the release of the update but are able to release x new products while your stuff still has serve bugs and is unusable, well, depends on the view of the companies and how well you know them (I also know some from NI personally - with mixed feelings).
Logic is not the only AU host. I do not know how this relates to your VIs, but break the update paths twice in a row seems rather a absurd as I mentioned before (HAL).

Anyways, I like my scarbee libs and hope I can use them on my Mac with not too many problems in the future.

best

Ouch that hurts
05-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Well I just looked at your site Thomas and saw the numbers are still miniscule. I must admit I'm surprised there aren't more takers for this. I don't suppose we can expect you to do it in this case.

Ah well, c'est la vie. It would have been nice.

SCARBEE
05-14-2006, 01:38 AM
Well I just looked at your site Thomas and saw the numbers are still miniscule. I must admit I'm surprised there aren't more takers for this. I don't suppose we can expect you to do it in this case.

Ah well, c'est la vie. It would have been nice.

Well - let's see if some more signs up.