PDA

View Full Version : Sibelius GPO questions

karoshimon
02-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi,

I'm just getting started with Sibelius 4.x & GPO for Sibelius. I started in Cakewalk Home Ed. & it helps me gloss over some details, like sust. pedal & I just tweak other parameters.

When I import the MIDI Files, Sibelius seems to be ignoring the MIDI data - for instance, the arpeggiated accompaniment is being hammered w/ no sust. pedal and too much velocity. I want to ease the attack on the notes ... should I do this by adjusting the note velocity or thru scoring dynamics?

I'm using Windows 2000, seems to work, but I'm wondering about some of the oddities I'm running into.

When I set up the sound bank, like a GPO Modern Orchestra, sometimes I can find the Steinway Duo I sound (I like it, it's dark) and other times it's nowhere to be found.

When I sample the sounds in the "Playback & Input Devices" dialog, let's say for Modern ORchestra, sometimes I hear nothing, and yet the patches are available in Sibelius' mixer.

There are also a huge array of GPO sounds listed in the mixer but a fair number of them don't play.

Thanks in advance,

/lee

karoshimon
02-18-2006, 11:45 PM
And another question... I have GPO Sibelius Ed. Can I set up this version of GPO SE as a plugin or VSTi in Cakewalk or Sonar?

I see elsewhere in the forum that to get real power out of GPO & Sibelius I'll probably want to pass the results thru a DAW tool like Sonar.

NeoDavinci
02-18-2006, 11:52 PM
And another question... I have GPO Sibelius Ed. Can I set up this version of GPO SE as a plugin or VSTi in Cakewalk or Sonar?

I see elsewhere in the forum that to get real power out of GPO & Sibelius I'll probably want to pass the results thru a DAW tool like Sonar.

Only if you have the regular GPO. The Sibelius version of GPO won't run in anything but Sibelius.