PDA

View Full Version : Unable to load instruments.

matt2
01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm having trouble loading any instrument. When I select an instrument using the Kontakt player, the instrument loading dialog box pops up and quickly goes away. I have GPO as well and I have no problems loading instruments with that. I've re-installed 3 times and the same thing has happened each time. Any thoughts?

Markleford
02-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Sounds odd! When you reinstalled, did you also install the JABB Update?

- m

IndyCovaHart
02-08-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. The "quick dialog box flash" when trying to load any instrument. No sound whatsoever.

Tried making it work through Finale 2006, and I get a message saying, "Missing requested plug-in: Garritan ambience for reverb"

PLEASE HELP!!!

Markleford
02-08-2006, 08:36 PM
If your sample content files are missing, in a different directory than the instrument files, or otherwise not where your content path says they should be (check the "Options" menu), then the Kontakt player will pop up a message box complaining about this fact or otherwise giving you the opportunity to find the samples.

However, make sure that this message box isn't popping up *behind* your sequencer window! If that happens, then it can seem that it just "went away", but it's actually quietly waiting for input out of sight. Check your task bar or task manager to make sure this isn't happening.

Just a guess, mind...

- m

matt2
02-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the suggestion to install the update... because it worked! Hopefully it works for you too, W.M.

kinvara7774
02-15-2006, 06:54 AM
[quote=Markleford]If your sample content files are missing, in a different directory than the instrument files, or otherwise not where your content path

Just installed GPO,
first time there i could load most of the samples but the midi delay was really slow,
I changed the sound card option then re-installed GPO
Midi speed was better but i can't load most of the samples,

Changed back to original settings,but the midi was even slower than before
Spent 3 days trying to figure it out and finally i give in,
after re installing for the 4th time (which took longer and longer to re install, 2 hours last time, 10 minutes first time)
It now won't accept my registration key,

Help me please

kinvara7774
02-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Just installed GPO,
first time there i could load most of the samples but the midi delay was really slow,
I changed the sound card option then re-installed GPO
Midi speed was better but i can't load most of the samples,

Changed back to original settings,but the midi was even slower than before
Spent 3 days trying to figure it out and finally i give in,
after re installing for the 4th time (which took longer and longer to re install, 2 hours last time, 10 minutes first time)
It now won't accept my registration key,

Help me please

Markleford
02-15-2006, 01:58 PM
You need to go to the Native Instruments web site and *un*register your previous registrations. NI will let you register on two computers, and if you've been changing your hardware configurations in might think that your computer has two identities already. Not a big problem, though: you just have to use their user registration pages.

Any MIDI/audio latency issues will be handled in your host/sequencer, not GPO. You won't need to keep reinstalling to adjust it.

As for the "can't load most of the samples", that's probably a matter of figuring out where all of your files had been installed. Hopefully the next time you're able to reinstall the defaults might work for you.

One step at a time, though. We'll help.

- m

kinvara7774
02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
You need to go to the Native Instruments web site and *un*register your previous registrations. NI will let you register on two computers, and if you've been changing your hardware configurations in might think that your computer has two identities already. Not a big problem, though: you just have to use their user registration pages.

Any MIDI/audio latency issues will be handled in your host/sequencer, not GPO. You won't need to keep reinstalling to adjust it.

As for the "can't load most of the samples", that's probably a matter of figuring out where all of your files had been installed. Hopefully the next time you're able to reinstall the defaults might work for you.

One step at a time, though. We'll help.

- m

Thanks for that bud,
On a job for a few days, I'll use your advice when i get back to the studio,
Thanks for making me feel not stupid,
I'll let you know how it all goes,
Regards from an Irish pianoman in Norway