PDA

View Full Version : TBO?

seclusion
11-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey Worra.

I've copied the files over to my AMD 3500+ system with 2 gigs of ram and sent the gigapulse files to the default Tascam folder...
When i go to load the .gsi, whether it be the TBo 1, 2, 3 or 4 .gsi file I get loaded to the 13th file load and get a .... " Error when downloading instrument" Would you like to continue the loading or this performance?" error message and can't load the file...
I was looking at the help files and saw that say the TBO file 4 needs less memory to load! Damn man is this system underrated to play this piano??? I reoaded the files once via dvd and once on lan from another dvd player?
Any thoughts.... If I load the eg. pedalup.gsi I get that playing sorta without the rest I can hear something though?
Sorry just "lit up" for tonights jam and relaxed anywho...
Thanks for any advise.

AMD3500+
Asus A8V deluxe running samples of a 300 giga sata drive
Windows XP
GS 3 Ochestra
Nuendo 3, not running when trying to load GS3 and TBO
2 gigs of ram...

Oh ya the memory meter in GS3 reads 30% when the error occurs!
Sorry

ddarwin7
11-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Your computer should be plenty powerful. MY GS3 dedicated PC is only a 2.8 pentium with 2 gigs ram and it runs TBO with gigapulse, etc without any problem. But again it is a dedicated gigastudio computer, tweaked for music. I also use 4 harddrives, 1 for OS, 1 for Gigapulse, 1 raptor for Piano only, 1 250 GB Hd for other gig files.

As far as the error is concerned I am not 100% sure, but your gigapulse files should be in the default gigpulse folder, I think its called something like gpulse (Check the documents).

By the way, my other sequencing computer is an A8V Deluxe, 2 gigs ram, just like yours.

If I find anything new I'll post rightaway, I hope you can get this thing working soon.

seclusion
11-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks... Ya the samples r on their own drive. And that's with running Gs3 in standalone! Nuendo 3 shut off! System is tweaked. No internet connection!. I can use this system with 12 audio plugs galore, BFD, and GS3 PMI old lady running rewire no problems! Just wonder if I have a corrupt file or something! In comparing to the Dvd's all the files are exactly the same size. GigaPulse is inside the Gpulse Tascam default folder....
Thanks again.

goldberg96
11-05-2005, 04:18 AM
I am having the same problem. I put all the files in the TBO folder on the DVD to my TBO folder on my sample drive. Then I copied the Gigapulse files over to the Gigapulse folder I have defined. Then I tried to load the TBO 3 .gsi file and after two files I got the message saying unknown error. Then I got a BSOD.

What should we be looking at? I have a pretty powerful machine and nothing else running. I am running an AMD FX-57, 3GB of memory, and a 2x300MB RAID SATA II drive.

UPDATE: I have tried about 10 different *.gsi files from TBO now and not one would load completely without eventually generating an 'unknown error' message and asking if I want to continue.

This is the very first sample library I've bought and I can't get it to load. Is this what I can expect from Gigastudio? I am going to use the product for live gigging. I need reliability. I hate to ask but would Kontakt be more stable for a live gigging situation?

Rob

Worra
11-05-2005, 06:21 AM
Have you updated to the latest GS3 version? If not, try that.

Michiel Post
11-05-2005, 06:43 AM
The latest GS3 version has a memory setup module. You need to start the GigaStudio Configuarion app stand alone (not inside a running instance of GS3).
The program is in the TASCAM program files folder.
Running the memory configuration procedure should solve memory limitation problems.

seclusion
11-05-2005, 08:10 AM
GS 3.1 and I'll work on the different memory configs.
This is the first time I've seen this though.
So this is just a memory thing?
If I need more than 2 gigs, I'll get it.
But I thought Xp had the 1.2 gig per process..
Just curious how much ram is needed to load these samples??
The memory indicator never got above 30% while loading!
I've had it up to 70% while running Nuendo 3 with giga in rewire mode playing the PMI old lady! Ok I'll start fiddling later this morning!
What I figure I'd be doing is performing the tracks with a smaller piano until I'm done then bouncing the TBO to an audio track.
Give me a bit, I'm in charge of the kids for a while.
Later

goldberg96
11-05-2005, 12:12 PM
I am running version 3.12 so I know I'm current there. I have also run the configuration routine. I am probably not completely optimized but I should be in good shape.

I admit that I have very limited knowledge of Giga. I am just starting out and in fact, even my DAW is very new. But it is pretty powerful and has lots of memory and a fast CPU.

I really don't know what to try next because I have no experience troubleshooting Giga problems. All I know is that this is not giving me a good feeling about using Giga.

One things for sure: I need more help.

Oh yeah, my memory meter never went above around 10 or 12% before the load would die. And the BSOD's really scare me.

Rob

Worra
11-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Hmmm... wierd! Actually, TBO was originally developed on GS3, so it sholdn't be any TBO/GS3 problems.
Let's see if we can fix this!
Ok, can you load any of the .gig files? Not the .gsi files, but te .gig files?
Also, can you load the .gig files in the Instrument Editor?
TBO runs on GS3 here, and I tere's also alot of other GS3 format TBO out there that works, so somethings strange.... but as I said, we'll fix it!

seclusion
11-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Hey guys...
Ok so I have TBO, TBO 1 and just waiting for TBO 2 to load, seems to be good. So I cleaned off my raid 0 array, with just TBO on it... 2 drives seagate ata 133 30 gig drives! Formatted, then defragged after loading the piano. I ran GS 3.1's configuration manager #2, seems to work. I have 42% memory loaded. The piano sounds fabulous.. Love it...
But I'm finding a lot of cut notes, warbles etc. Just wondering what you guys are running for HD's and ram that are playing with no problems???
Worra how much ram are you using in your system??
Notice too that the CPU hit is almost nothing! 4-6%
Thanks for the help so far... Yes done a bunch of the XP tweaks also!

goldberg96
11-05-2005, 03:23 PM
ok, results of your queries:

I was NOT able to load TBO.gig. I got the same unknown error and the question asking me if I want to continue. I was able to load the other two small .gig files, pedal down and Res I think they were called. But not TBO.gig

Once TBO.gig failed to load correctly, the instrument editor would not open. It said something about drivers not being initialized correctly. So I rebooted Giga and then the instrument editor opened fine and I WAS able to load TBO.gig into the editor.

What next?

OK, more info. I ran the memory configuration utility and found that with preset 4 I was able to get 845Mb (55%) to be usable. This is less than what I think I should be able to get but it's more than I was getting before. I guess I will have to play with those registry values to get any more - what fun :-(

So now when I try to load the TBO.gig file it seems like it's going to work. The little progress bar goes all the way to the end. But then it just stalls and never finishes. The CPU meter says 1% but if I look at the ctl-alt-delete performance meter, it says the CPU is at 100%. I never get it loaded. And when I try to get out of it, I get another BSOD. If I try to load the TBO1.gsi file, I just still get the unknown system error stuff that I described earlier.

One more comment: I have tried loading smaller .gig files and have found that I can load files up to the 845Mb limit that the configuration utility told me I could use. So far, TBO is the only one I'm having problems with but TBO is also the only thing I've bought and tried other than what came with Gigastudio.

I am really getting frustrated and annoyed with trying to become a Gigastudio user. HHHHEEELLLPPP!

Rob

Worra
11-05-2005, 04:57 PM
ok, results of your queries:

I was NOT able to load TBO.gig. I got the same unknown error and the question asking me if I want to continue. I was able to load the other two small .gig files, pedal down and Res I think they were called. But not TBO.gig

Once TBO.gig failed to load correctly, the instrument editor would not open. It said something about drivers not being initialized correctly. So I rebooted Giga and then the instrument editor opened fine and I WAS able to load TBO.gig into the editor.

What next?

OK, more info. I ran the memory configuration utility and found that with preset 4 I was able to get 845Mb (55%) to be usable. This is less than what I think I should be able to get but it's more than I was getting before. I guess I will have to play with those registry values to get any more - what fun :-(

So now when I try to load the TBO.gig file it seems like it's going to work. The little progress bar goes all the way to the end. But then it just stalls and never finishes. The CPU meter says 1% but if I look at the ctl-alt-delete performance meter, it says the CPU is at 100%. I never get it loaded. And when I try to get out of it, I get another BSOD. If I try to load the TBO1.gsi file, I just still get the unknown system error stuff that I described earlier.

One more comment: I have tried loading smaller .gig files and have found that I can load files up to the 845Mb limit that the configuration utility told me I could use. So far, TBO is the only one I'm having problems with but TBO is also the only thing I've bought and tried other than what came with Gigastudio.

I am really getting frustrated and annoyed with trying to become a Gigastudio user. HHHHEEELLLPPP!

Rob

Rob, it's getting late here in Sweden but I'll look more into this tomorrow. As I said before, TBO works on several GS3 systems so it should be able to get up and running. Can you please contact me at per2sampletekk.com?
I've got a few things I want to try. we post the result here, but I would like to chgeck a few things.
I'll answer you mails tomorrow, since it's getting alte here.

Worra
11-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Just wanted you to know that this problem is solved so to speak that there's now a workaround.

The problem is that on some PC:s, the included .gsi files can't be loaded. If the user manually loads the instruments included in the .gsi file and saves them, everything works.
This happens on some GS3 systems, not all, and it happens even if the user has exactly the same GS3 version as we have.

I don't know why this happens, but I have contacted Tascam to try to find out.
Before I do, as I said, there's a workaround. If anyone else experiences this problem, please contact me at per@sampletekk.com.

JohnGrant
11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Worra, could you supply a kind of "step-by-step" for "dummies" on the workaround? I just want to make sure I give the problem my best shot.

JG

Worra
11-09-2005, 02:12 PM
Ok, here you go:

As said, for some reason it's impossible to load the included .gsi files on some GS3 installations. Tascam has been contaced and we are looking into what might be causing this.
You can load the different instruments and save your own .gsi. It's takes a while, not long, maybe 10 minutes or so. Here's how it's done:

Here’s a explanation over what the different .gsi files should have:
(Please clear all instruments before building the next gsi)

TBO.gsi
Load instrument “TBO”

TBO PU Conv PD + Res.gsi
Load “TBO No PD No Rel” and stack “TBO Pedal Down” and “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO PUPD Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO No Rel” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO PUPDREL Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 1.gsi
Load instrument “TBO 1”

TBO 1 PU Conv PD + Res.gsi
Load “TBO 1 No PD No Rel” and stack “TBO Pedal Down” and “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 1 PUPD Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO 1 No Rel” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 1 PUPDREL Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO 1” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 2.gsi
Load instrument “TBO 2”

TBO 2 PU Conv PD + Res.gsi
Load “TBO 2 No PD No Rel” and stack “TBO Pedal Down” and “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 2 PUPD Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO 2 No Rel” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 2 PUPDREL Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO 2” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 3.gsi
Load instrument “TBO 3”

TBO 3 PU Conv PD + Res.gsi
Load “TBO 3 No PD No Rel” and stack “TBO Pedal Down” and “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 3 PUPD Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO 3 No Rel” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 3 PUPDREL Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO 3” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 4.gsi
Load instrument “TBO 4”

TBO 4 PU Conv PD + Res.gsi
Load “TBO 4 No PD No Rel” and stack “TBO Pedal Down” and “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 4 PUPD Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO 4 No Rel” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

TBO 4 PUPDREL Conv Res.gsi
Load “TBO 4” and stack “TBO Instrument Res” on the same MIDI channel

JohnGrant
11-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I guess you're referring to the DOS extension "gsi" I don't see that extension on the TBO files as they appear in GS. GS doesn't show any extensions.

I guess that makes me a technopeasant.

JG

goldberg96
11-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Are you sure you're searching for .gsi files in the database? If you just have *.gig that could explain why you're not seeing them. Try *.gsi. Sorry if that is too elementary for you. I am not trying to insult your knowledge in any way. I just had trouble with the same thing at first, I couldn't find any .gsi files. But when I looked in an explorer window at the folder it showed they were there. That's when I realized what was going on.

Rob

JohnGrant
11-13-2005, 06:12 PM
I get "system error" BOTH with the performance files and the instrument files. So the workaround won't work for me.

I take it there's no solution for that issue as yet?

JG

Worra
11-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Has anyone had trouble loading the instrument files of TBO? I get "system error" BOTH with the performance files and the instrument files.

I take it there's no solution for that issue as yet?

JG

Hi.
We are currently having some major problems with our mailserver, so mails been down pretty much all day.
Anyway, if you can't load the instruments, that is the .gig files, there must be something else.
The gsi file problem has been reported to Tascam and tey are looking into it.
When loading the instrument file, exactly what error message do you get?

JohnGrant
11-13-2005, 08:08 PM
When loading the instrument file, exactly what error message do you get?

"Unknown system error."

JG

JohnGrant
11-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Per,

Maybe more useful are the error messages I get when I attempt to load tbo.gig into GS editor?

1st error message "tbo.gx2 was specified as a pool extension file, but could not be opened. Some samples may be missing from this session."

2nd: "tbo.gx3..... "tbo.gx4 etc etc......

I OK each of these messages then I get the message:
"Some bad links were fixed."

If I save the resulting file (as a gig file), and try to open it in GS3, I get a blue screen and I have to reboot. Then I have to reload GS3, because it seems to get corrupted and won't open!

JG

goldberg96
11-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Isn't that the message you get when you run out of memory for Giga? Did you happen to notice what msg32.exe was at when it happened compared to what you've been able to load. I think TBO by itself takes up about 650Mb. Just a thought. You've probably already thought of that.

Rob

JohnGrant
11-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Isn't that the message you get when you run out of memory for Giga? Did you happen to notice what msg32.exe was at when it happened compared to what you've been able to load. I think TBO by itself takes up about 650Mb. Just a thought. You've probably already thought of that.

Rob

No problem loading the pmi bos gig file, which is 49822KB. But none of the gig files, even the small ones, load for the tbo. I've tried recopying them from the DVD, but no difference. No blue screen, that's not the problem now. Just "unknown system error." On the 2 smaller gig files I get a different error message, though: "Incompatible preset (Replmicmodel not found)." I have to use Taskmanager to exit gs3 at that point.

I'm trying to do the upgrades for gs3 at tascam, but that will take locating my cd key, which of course I've lost.

JG

Worra
11-14-2005, 05:04 AM
Hey Per,

Maybe more useful are the error messages I get when I attempt to load tbo.gig into GS editor?

1st error message "tbo.gx2 was specified as a pool extension file, but could not be opened. Some samples may be missing from this session."

2nd: "tbo.gx3..... "tbo.gx4 etc etc......

I OK each of these messages then I get the message:
"Some bad links were fixed."

If I save the resulting file (as a gig file), and try to open it in GS3, I get a blue screen and I have to reboot. Then I have to reload GS3, because it seems to get corrupted and won't open!

JG

Hi.

I suggest taht you delete the intire folder and to a complete reinstall. The files you saved are not ok.
The error messages you get suggests that not all files are where they should be.
On disk 2 and 3 you have folders called "More TBO files" or something like that.
After copying the files from te first disk, you should copy the content of te folders of disk 2 and 3, not the folders!
As a result, you should have, in the same folder, and on the same level, (no subfolders!) all the .gig, gsi and .gx files.

JohnGrant
11-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I'll look pretty stupid if you're right, Per. But, yes, I admit that the contents of dvd 3 is not in the big one directory. I'll do that right away.

JG

Worra
11-14-2005, 04:30 PM
I'll look pretty stupid if you're right, Per. But, yes, I admit that the contents of dvd 3 is not in the big one directory. I'll do that right away.

JG

He, he, your not the first one....
But then again, a manual written in English by a Swede might be a bit confusing....

DPDAN
11-15-2005, 02:15 AM
Hi Worra, I love TBO, very cool!

I am running it with GS3 Orchestra. Would you be so kind to post some details
of the differences between
TBO 0
TBO 1
TBO 2
TBO 3
TBO 4

I can obviously hear the difference in TBO 4, it is very mellow sounding,
very nice by the way. :)

Also, I am not getting a little thump from releasing the sustain pedal as all pianos do.

Thanks for the hard work!!!

Dan

Worra
11-15-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi Worra, I love TBO, very cool!

I am running it with GS3 Orchestra. Would you be so kind to post some details
of the differences between
TBO 0
TBO 1
TBO 2
TBO 3
TBO 4

I can obviously hear the difference in TBO 4, it is very mellow sounding,
very nice by the way. :)

Also, I am not getting a little thump from releasing the sustain pedal as all pianos do.

Thanks for the hard work!!!

Dan

Hi Dan.

Check the pdf file included. There you have all te patches described.
The little thump from the pedal being pressed up and down are not there, because I didn't like it.... It's really something that every pianist tries to avoid.... But, I've recorded te thumps, so I'll put in on my update list and they will be there if you want them on te next update!

Bruce A. Richardson
11-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Hey Per,

I was going to ask you about the pedal thumps. I actually like them, too, but my ideal preference would be that they're VERY carefully executed, just like a really good player trying very hard NOT to thump. It's more the "stress" sound that I like, rather than the thump itself.

Hope you have enough really nice ones to do a round robin. I definitely think that with extra-musical noises, one really needs them to be consistent but at the same time ever so slightly varied.

Best regards,
Bruce

DPDAN
11-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I've recorded the thumps, so I'll put in on my update list and they will be there if you want them on the next update!
Thanks alot! I will use the pedal thump sounds from the Giga piano in the mean time as long as that works.

Thank you Worra.
dpDan

Worra
11-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Hey Per,

I was going to ask you about the pedal thumps. I actually like them, too, but my ideal preference would be that they're VERY carefully executed, just like a really good player trying very hard NOT to thump. It's more the "stress" sound that I like, rather than the thump itself.

Hope you have enough really nice ones to do a round robin. I definitely think that with extra-musical noises, one really needs them to be consistent but at the same time ever so slightly varied.

Best regards,
Bruce

Yup, I've got plenty..... next update will also feature some different impulses!

george6k
11-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi guys, I am new to this forum.

I have a pquestion about installing the FXB filess of TBO. When I tried to copy the files into the folder suggested: D:Tascam/GPulse/Common..I found there is no such a folder in my D drive. I checked the GS system settings about the Giga Pulse as well, it suggests the same drive and the same folder. So.... I just created a folder with the exact the same name in my D drive... but seems don't work. When I load up a .gsi file, the sample was loaded, but the FX files don't...

Please help

Thank you

George

xav93
11-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey Per,

Best regards,
Bruce

About sustain pedal sounds, it would be great to think to people (like me) who get a progressive pedal and could play this pedal noise at different levels, following the speed you press or depress it (that’s what I made on my own patches, using August Foerster's noise samples)… and not a round robin.

Worra
11-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi guys, I am new to this forum.

I have a pquestion about installing the FXB filess of TBO. When I tried to copy the files into the folder suggested: D:Tascam/GPulse/Common..I found there is no such a folder in my D drive. I checked the GS system settings about the Giga Pulse as well, it suggests the same drive and the same folder. So.... I just created a folder with the exact the same name in my D drive... but seems don't work. When I load up a .gsi file, the sample was loaded, but the FX files don't...

Please help

Thank you

George

Sorry for not answering your first mail, but we have been changing server, and things have been a bit crazy!
The .fxb and .iis files should go into the foldrer where you have your gigapulse files.
When installing GS3, you also installed a bunch of files that goes with the GigaPulse. Try to do a search for *.fxb files.
You should find for example “0002-Small Hall (7ch-18p).fxb
Place the TBO files “TBO Instrument Resonance.FXB”, “TBO Instrument Resonance.iis”, “TBO Pedal Down.FXB” and “TBO Pedal Down.iis” in that folder.
Seems odd that the settings in GS3 pointed to a folder that didn’t exist!
Do any of your GigaPulse settings, like reverb, work?

goldberg96
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM
My gigastudio settings also pointed to folders that did not exist when I first had it put in. I had to change them all.

george6k
11-17-2005, 07:39 PM
The latest GS3 version has a memory setup module. You need to start the GigaStudio Configuarion app stand alone (not inside a running instance of GS3).
The program is in the TASCAM program files folder.
Running the memory configuration procedure should solve memory limitation problems.

Hi...

I can't find this app in Tascam folder...what's the name of this app? 2G RAM by the way..
and Worra, the Giga Pluse problem is solved now.. thank you. But I am now having " Error when downloading instrument Would you like to continue the loading or this performance?" the same problem as Seclusion.

I am sure I put all TBO sample files in the same folder level....

Thanks

ed hamilton
11-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Worra,

I just got your email about "the small one".
Is there a special price for owners of TBO ??
Or is it just a .nki file that uses less samples? and can we just download the patch?

thanks!
Loving TBO!!!!

Worra
11-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Worra,

I just got your email about "the small one".
Is there a special price for owners of TBO ??
Or is it just a .nki file that uses less samples? and can we just download the patch?

thanks!
Loving TBO!!!!

Hi.

There will be patches available for TBO users, so you don't have to buy TSO!

george6k
11-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi

I keep getting"Unknown system error", so I delete TBO and install them again. I tried to load *gig files instead of *gsi to check if all the samples are good....the result is that I can load every sample of TBO4, TBO4 No Rel, TBO4 No PD, TBO No PD No Rel. But the rest are dead, still get "unknown system error".....why?? I have done and check everything was told.. and so frustracted !! I am so eager to hear this piano...

Please help

Thank you

George

Bruce A. Richardson
11-19-2005, 08:31 PM
George, that's weird.

Have you tried expanding the GIG file (with the plus sign) and just dragging TBO 1 or TBO 2 onto a channel?

Hopefully, that might work for you.

When you get this thing actually loaded and playing you are going to be addicted for days, so maybe this is your last breath of freedom, haha....

Hope you get it going.

ddarwin7
11-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks Worra for giving TBO users TSO for free.

seclusion
11-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Were you able to download this?
I'm a TBO user and I never received an email about TSO.
Yes I'd love to have a small footprint piano for composing!
Am I already registered with the TBO purchase, or is there another step?
Thanks
Brian

Sr_Velasco
11-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Were you able to download this?
I'm a TBO user and I never received an email about TSO.
Yes I'd love to have a small footprint piano for composing!
Am I already registered with the TBO purchase, or is there another step?
Thanks
Brian

Yes, me too :D

irvind
11-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Hi.

There will be patches available for TBO users, so you don't have to buy TSO!

Cool Worra! I was just about to buy it, but thought I'd check here first... I look forward to the patches being available!

JohnGrant
11-23-2005, 10:03 AM
I seem to be unable to make contact with
Worra via his email. Does anyone know where he is??

JG

Worra
11-23-2005, 11:17 AM
I seem to be unable to make contact with
Worra via his email. Does anyone know where he is??

JG

Here I am! You got mail......

JohnGrant
11-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Gottcha!!

JG

DPDAN
11-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Well, I have not loaded TBO for a week or so and just tried to load TBO 2 gsi

unknown error message, and nothing in the loaded window.
I tried all four .gsi files, none of them load.

I tried a bunch of individual .gig files some load and cause the CPU to go to 60-70% and notes are cutting in and out like a cheap watch.

Instruments in GOS, VSL and all other libraries load an play perfectly.

TBO does not like my GS3 Orchestra all of the sudden.
I have loaded no other software, and have done nothing to this computer except use it for V-stack and other Giga instruments flawlessly.

It is NEVER connected to the internet.

I am using an RME HDSP 9652 soundcard in a Dell 3.06 GHz machine with 2 gigs of ram. I have set the entire machine up strictly for audio with a separate 250 gig Western Digital HD that has performed absolutley perfect.

Dan

Worra
11-24-2005, 02:02 AM
Well, I have not loaded TBO for a week or so and just tried to load TBO 2 gsi

unknown error message, and nothing in the loaded window.
I tried all four .gsi files, none of them load.

I tried a bunch of individual .gig files some load and cause the CPU to go to 60-70% and notes are cutting in and out like a cheap watch.

Instruments in GOS, VSL and all other libraries load an play perfectly.

TBO does not like my GS3 Orchestra all of the sudden.
I have loaded no other software, and have done nothing to this computer except use it for V-stack and other Giga instruments flawlessly.

It is NEVER connected to the internet.

I am using an RME HDSP 9652 soundcard in a Dell 3.06 GHz machine with 2 gigs of ram. I have set the entire machine up strictly for audio with a separate 250 gig Western Digital HD that has performed absolutley perfect.

For whatever reason, TBO is not a reliable piano since it won't load. I would like to get a refund if it does not work like other Gigastudio instruments.
Sorry I am very aggravated.

Dan

Hi Dan.

For some reason TBO has a problem loading on some GS3 setups. There's nothing odd in te programming of te instrument. The only thing is that it's very big. The guys at Tascam has been testing TBO and I just got some results from that testing and I'm going to make a couple adjustments. Fixes wil of course be issued without any costs for the users!
TBO are really puishing the envelopes of what you can handle with todays samplers, this is why we are experiensing these kind of problems. I'm certain that we will have a fix for this in a couple of days. Stay tuned!

Worra
11-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Ok, I want you to try this:
(These fixes only apply to GS3 users!)

1. Download the followiing .rar files: TBO Fix (www.sampletekk.com/TBOupd/TBOupd051124.rar)
2. Unpack the .rar file.
3 Replace the files in your TBO folder with the ones that you just unpacked (You might want to take a copy of the .gsi files first. If these new ones work fine, you can delete them).

Even if you don't have any problems loading TBO, you should use these new files. Most of the .gsi files loaded a lot of unmapped instruments so these new gsi are faster loading and uses less memory

Ok, let me know how this works!

DPDAN
11-24-2005, 12:36 PM

1. Download the followiing .rar files: TBO Fix (http://www.sampletekk.com/TBOupd/TBOupd051124.rar)
2. Unpack the .rar file.
3 Replace the files in your TBO folder with the ones that you just unpacked (You might want to take a copy of the .gsi files first. If these new ones work fine, you can delete them).

Even if you don't have any problems loading TBO, you should use these new files. Most of the .gsi files loaded a lot of unmapped instruments so these new gsi are faster loading and uses less memory

what do you mean by "unpack" the .rar file?
I looked in the TBO folder, and I have nothing that has a .rar extension.

Dan

Worra
11-24-2005, 12:40 PM
what do you mean by "unpack" the .rar file?
I looked in the TBO folder, and I have nothing that has a .rar extension.

Dan

Download the file from the link in my post. You should get a file called TBOupd051124.rar. That's a compressed file and you need WinRar to unpack it. You can D/L WinRar here:http://www.rarsoft.com/

After uncompressing the file, you will find a number of .gsi files and two.gig files. Replace the files in your TBO folder with these.

DPDAN
11-24-2005, 12:48 PM
okie dokie, your service is fantastic!!!
thanks Worra I'll do that.

Dan

JohnGrant
11-24-2005, 07:17 PM

1. Download the followiing .rar files: TBO Fix (http://www.sampletekk.com/TBOupd/TBOupd051124.rar)
2. Unpack the .rar file.

Clicking on TBO Fix to download? I get computer gibberish, not a rar. file!

JG

goldberg96
11-24-2005, 07:20 PM
I am able to download that .rar file from the link in the post with no problems at all. I wonder what the difference is?

Rob

gigausr
11-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Clicking on TBO Fix to download? I get computer gibberish, not a rar. file!
JG
Click on the link with the right mouse button, then
"save target as".

Matt

JohnGrant
11-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Click on the link with the right mouse button, then
"save target as".

Matt

Thanks, Matt.

JG

george6k
11-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi... I download them, replace the old ones.... but still get "unknown system errors"

1. Download the followiing .rar files: TBO Fix (www.sampletekk.com/TBOupd/TBOupd051124.rar)
2. Unpack the .rar file.

Worra
11-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Hi... I download them, replace the old ones.... but still get "unknown system errors"

Ok. What we have here now, are a situation where TBO loads and works on most GS3 systems, but not on some.
I'm working tohether with people from Tascam trying to figure out what causes the problems on certin systems and I'm certain that we are going to find out soon what it is!

I need some info from you that has GS3 systems where TBO doesn't work:

Processor and RAM?
OS?
Complete error message, is it just "Unknown System Error" or does it say anything else?
A description in detail what happens, what file you try to load etc.
Can you load single .gig files in GS3 and/or in the Instrument Editor?

goldberg96
11-25-2005, 02:46 AM
Hey Worra. At the time that I did it, I had absolutely no idea that TBO users could get TSO for free. I am a TBO user and I paid $40 for TSO. I would like to work something out with you about that. Could we maybe talk offline about it?

If you want to answer me here on the forum in case there are others who paid that didn't need to, that would be fine too.

Rob

goldberg96
11-25-2005, 04:39 AM
This may be little off topic but for all the griping that is sometimes done about vendors ...........

I use Comcast Digital Cable for my high speed internet. At this moment as I type this post, I am downloading all 7 TSO files at one time and every one is downloading at 80kB or more. My aggregate download speed is over 600kB/sec.

Hats off to Comcast .... at least for me ......... their service is killer !

Worra
11-25-2005, 05:18 AM
Hey Worra. At the time that I did it, I had absolutely no idea that TBO users could get TSO for free. I am a TBO user and I paid $40 for TSO. I would like to work something out with you about that. Could we maybe talk offline about it?

If you want to answer me here on the forum in case there are others who paid that didn't need to, that would be fine too.

Rob

Hi Rob.

I've mailed you! If there's anyone else who bought TBO and then TSO, please contact me at: per@sampletekk.com

Sr_Velasco
11-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi Worra,

Where TBO users can download the TSO patches?

Thanks in advance!

Worra
11-25-2005, 08:37 AM
I'll try to get the patches up later this weekend!

Worra
11-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Ok, I think I'm on to something!

I had loaded the TSO.gsi, did som checking, detatched the instrument and tried to load TBO 1. Guess what? "System Error"!
Ok, I then checked the "Quick Sound Audition" window, you know the one at the bottom right in GS3, if you have the "Instrument Loader Panel" visible.
The TSO instrument was still present under "QuickSound Audition Instrument".
I then right-clicked in that window and choosed "Unload unmapped" and after that, TBO 1 loaded just fine!

So, here's what I like you to try:

Before opening any TBO gsi file, make sure that you don't have any unmapped instruments loaded by right-clicking in the "Quick Sound Audition" window and choosing "Unload unmapped"

Worked for me, does this work for you?

DPDAN
11-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi Worra, and everyone, I replaced the files that were posted and although I can now load and use TBO, I still get an "unknown error" when I load TBO.

When I was having trouble loading it before, I always deleted unmapped patches first.
Also, I have some serious issues with notes literally cutting in and out. It is not the RME Hammerfall HDSP soundcard or the buffer setting, the buffer is at 1024 and I have 2 gigs of ram on 3.06 ghz machine. I am going to post a link to the sound I am talking about.

I will do some precise testing on my system and get right back here with my experience.

BTW, is there a way to turn down the volume of the resonance, or whatever it is called. When I hit the sustain pedal, it sounds like vibes or a Fender Rhodes is playing along. In other words, the resonance or something is just too loud.

Thanks Worra,
Dan

george6k
11-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Hi Worra

here's my list

Processor and RAM? Pretium4 3.2GHz, 2G RAM
OS? Windows XP Professional Version2002 Service Pack2

Complete error message? "Unknown System Error, wouls tou like to continue with loading of this performance?"
Can you load single .gig files in GS3 and/or in the Instrument Editor? Some yes but some can't. I can't load TBO.gsi and TBO1.gig. And for .gsi files, now I can load all of them except for TBO1.gsi, TBO1 PUPDRel.gsi, TBO.gsi, Tbo PUPSRel.gsi

DPDAN
11-26-2005, 12:31 AM
3.06 ghz Intel Pentium
Windows XP Home
2 gigs ram
RME HDSP 9652 soundcard.

Tried loading TBO 1.gsi
Error When Loading instrument: F:\TBO Piano\TBO.gig
Unknown system error.
Would you like to continue with loading of this performance?
OK, Cancel
I hit OK nothing is loaded, wasted time.
nothing to delete in the "loaded Instruments" window since nothing was loaded.
Tried loading the same TBO 1.gsi a second time, and this time it loaded without any error notice. This TBO 1.gsi will load every time, but not the first attempt after a fresh restart of Windows.
After the second attempt (succesful) loading of TBO 1.gsi, the CPU idle is 5%, the CPU peak after the gliss is 31% and the memory is 39%.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/DPDAN/TBO%201.mp3

Attempted to load TBO 2.gsi , no problems loading but still poor performance with what appears to be too many notes.
The CPU idle is 5%, the CPU peak after the gliss is 30% and the memory is 35%. Here is what I get with a gliss from C8 - C3, no other notes were played.
http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/DPDAN/TBO%202.mp3

Attempted to load TBO3.gsi , no problems loading but still poor performance with what appears to be too many notes.
The CPU idle is 5%, the CPU peak after the gliss is 32% and the memory is 21%. Here is what I get with a gliss from C8 - C3, no other notes were played.
http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/DPDAN/TBO%203.mp3

Attempted to load TBO 4.gsi , no problems loading but still poor performance with what appears to be too many notes.
The CPU idle is 6%, the CPU peak after the gliss is 33% and the memory is 11%. Here is what I get with a gliss from C8 - C3, no other notes were played.
http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/DPDAN/TBO%204.mp3

PianoMan
11-26-2005, 02:36 AM
I had the same errors that many others reported (Unknown system error upon loading any of the .GSI or .GIG files).
My system specs:
P4 3.0 GHz, 2GB RAM, Tascam US-122 (512 buffers), Windows XP

Based upon a hint in the Gigastudio Forum I read the "sticky" memory thread on the VSL forum and tweaked my registry memory settings located @ HKLM->System->CurentControlSet->Control->Session Manager->Memory Management as follows (only changed the PagedPoolQota and PagedPoolSize to 4000000 Hex):
http://www.pro-tech.ws/Upload/MemoryManagement.jpg

Always backup the part of the registry you are tweaking, of course!
After rebooting I was able to load TBO successfully.

I've been playing ever since and like what I hear. One criticism I do have is that it seems as if the volume is not even across all keys - especially the A#5-D6 range seem to be softer than the surrounding keys when played at the exact same velocity, has anybody else noticed this?

gigausr
11-26-2005, 07:12 AM
One criticism I do have is that it seems as if the volume is not even across all keys - especially the A#5-D6 range seem to be softer than the surrounding keys when played at the exact same velocity, has anybody else noticed this?I don't have TBO, but the "reduced" version TSO.
It's the same there: to me it sounds, as if the samples used from A#5 to D6
in the higher velocity range are not the proper ones... they indeed are more soft, as I mentioned in another thread.
Especially when you compare the keys with exactly the same velocity of
e.g. 120, it's rather drastic.
As long as this is not changed, I personally would not upgrade to TBO.
Eveness in sound over the keyboard without little jumps in timbre is crucial for me on a piano.

But Worra is aware of this... he's working on a solution.

Matt

xav93
11-26-2005, 08:42 AM
That's why I did this http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39903

gigausr
11-26-2005, 10:54 AM
That's why I did this http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39903
Aside from using giga, not K2, I really wonder if adjusting the velocities
for each key via a script could solve the problem, since to my ear it is more
a question of timbre (talking about TSO now, not TBO, but assuming the
problem is the same with both...).

Matt

george6k
11-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Than you thank you Pianoman.... I finally can load all the pianos....They sound great...

I had the same errors that many others reported (Unknown system error upon loading any of the .GSI or .GIG files).
My system specs:
P4 3.0 GHz, 2GB RAM, Tascam US-122 (512 buffers), Windows XP

Based upon a hint in the Gigastudio Forum I read the "sticky" memory thread on the VSL forum and tweaked my registry memory settings located @ HKLM->System->CurentControlSet->Control->Session Manager->Memory Management as follows (only changed the PagedPoolQota and PagedPoolSize to 4000000 Hex):
http://www.pro-tech.ws/Upload/MemoryManagement.jpg

Always backup the part of the registry you are tweaking, of course!
After rebooting I was able to load TBO successfully.

I've been playing ever since and like what I hear. One criticism I do have is that it seems as if the volume is not even across all keys - especially the A#5-D6 range seem to be softer than the surrounding keys when played at the exact same velocity, has anybody else noticed this?

Worra
11-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Than you thank you Pianoman.... I finally can load all the pianos....They sound great...

Cool!!! :D

PianoMan
12-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I don't have TBO, but the "reduced" version TSO.
It's the same there: to me it sounds, as if the samples used from A#5 to D6
in the higher velocity range are not the proper ones... they indeed are more soft, as I mentioned in another thread.
Especially when you compare the keys with exactly the same velocity of
e.g. 120, it's rather drastic.
As long as this is not changed, I personally would not upgrade to TBO.
Eveness in sound over the keyboard without little jumps in timbre is crucial for me on a piano.

But Worra is aware of this... he's working on a solution.

Matt

Worra, are you planning to release an update for TBO to solve this issue?

Worra
12-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Worra, are you planning to release an update for TBO to solve this issue?

Yes, there will be an update adressing this

Tweedbox
12-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey Worra :)

Great move going towards the larger downloads. Does it look like TBO is just too big even for that, or do you think it might manage it's way into the downloadable pile?

Many thanks! -Tweed

PianoMan
04-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Yes, there will be an update adressing this

Hi Worra,
I recently checked the updates on your site for TBO (Giga). Will there be an update to addresss the lower volume for the A#5-D6 range?
Thanks in advance!
Dennis

PianoMan
04-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Polite bump...

jimmymio
04-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Worra: While we're on this subject: My TBO discs have a 2006 date. Do i need to download the tuning update that is posted on your website or does my TBO already contain the fix?
Thanks, JP

Worra
04-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi guys!
I'm in London working at the moment, so I haven't been around Internet for a while.
I'll get back to this whenI get home on Monday

PianoMan
07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Worra,
Was this issue addressed in an update?
Thanks,
Dennis

Worra
07-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi Worra,
Was this issue addressed in an update?
Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis.

Very sorry for the delay on this!
Could you please provide me with a mp3 or short wav file plus a midifile that describes the problem? Much easier to adress the problem that way.

All samples are actually normalized to the same amplitude. In this case, -3 db.
The sampler itself takes care of the volumechange.
So, if you play a scale, with the same strength, all notres should come out at the same volume.

seclusion
07-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Holy crap, one of my posts made it to 9 pages....
Man that outa be worth a free piano sample??? :)

PianoMan
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Hi Dennis.

Very sorry for the delay on this!
Could you please provide me with a mp3 or short wav file plus a midifile that describes the problem? Much easier to adress the problem that way.

All samples are actually normalized to the same amplitude. In this case, -3 db.
The sampler itself takes care of the volumechange.
So, if you play a scale, with the same strength, all notres should come out at the same volume.

Hi Worra,
I recorded 2 scales that illustrate the issue. The problem is more apparent in the left channel than the right channel, which I noticed after I opened up the wave file in an audio editor - I provided an image of that screen as well. You can find the files here:
http://www.pro-tech.ws/Tbo/TBO_Volume.zip
Thanks!
Dennis

DPDAN
08-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Hi everyone,
I hope you folks don't take this as a thread hi-jacking :D
I posted this on the Garritan portion of NS and thought I would post it here too for those who use TBO.
I have always loved this piece and, well, coming from me you guessed it.... I copied it by ear from David Foster's Symphony Sessions CD.

Water Fountain (http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/DPDAN/Water%20Fountain%20by%20David%20Foster%20midi%20ar rangement%20by%20Dan%20Kury.MP3)

The Piano is TBO
All section strings GOS
One instance of Garritan Stradivarius Solo Violin
The rest of the instruments are the glorious GPO
1 Flute, 1 Piccolo, 1 Oboe, 2 Clarients, 2 Bassoons, 4 French horns, 2 Trombones, 1 Tuba, Timpani, Harp, MarkTree, Xylophone, Celeste.

This piece was produced using Digital Performer 5 (http://www.motu.com/products/software/dp/features50/) and one instance of Altiverb 5 (http://www.audioease.com/Pages/Altiverb/AltiverbMain.html)
Enjoy!
Dan

PianoMan
08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Polite bump...

Laurent
08-21-2006, 04:53 AM
Hi Dennis, your audio editor image is quite interresting.
All samples are probably showing the same peak output (normalisation), but some of them sound (and look) obviously thinner. I believe Worra will take care of that.

This is maybe a natural drawback of the very close miking.

I'm wondering if this can be overcomed, using some kind of "average level" normalisation.

In the meantime, using a slight sample compression should ease the problem.
K2 users could also use Xavier's script to adapt velocity response for each note. Not really fixing the pb, but a good stopgap...