PDA

View Full Version : Dewd... I'm in Mix Magazine :)

His Frogness
10-13-2005, 11:15 PM
http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_audio_gains_videogames/

If you're interested in composing for games, this is a good read. This article walks through the whole process of making sound effects and music for Jade Empire, from the beginning to end.

And the best part is.... I'M IN IT!!!! :D

I actually came in late on the project and mostly did cutscenes and asset creation so I actually didn't answer any of the questions in the interview.

At any rate, I'm kinda stoked to be in Mix, even if it's just a tiny bit :)

Ian Dorsch
10-14-2005, 09:55 AM
That's sweet, man, congrats! :D

Symbiotic
10-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Great article, Mike. Though it looks like they gave you an extra 's' at the end of your last name in the web version anyway...?

Congrats and keep us posted on upcoming projects.

His Frogness
10-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Yeah, they added the S to my last name, which happens more times than not. And they also didn't include me as an Audio Technician......

:(

Cobalt Katze
10-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Very cool, Mike :) Must be an honor. It was a very nice article as well, except I didn't really like them opening by mentioning popular artists that have licensed tracks in games ;)

His Frogness
10-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Very cool, Mike :) Must be an honor. It was a very nice article as well, except I didn't really like them opening by mentioning popular artists that have licensed tracks in games ;)

I know, especially when the article is about 2 games that went all out for an original score. I guess that was their choice of making a contrast, but oh well. Some games work well with licensed music. It just sucks for us game composers.

Scott Cairns
10-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Thats fantastic Michael, congrats man. :)

douglasedward
10-30-2005, 05:26 AM
hey congrats! and its a cool article too.

Funny quote from it too...
"As a composer, that's the kind of system that you want, but if you're not working on one of our games, you're screwed!

rofl