PDA

View Full Version : Fabio - A Retrospective

newmewzikboy
08-08-2005, 05:36 PM
I am really impressed over Fabio's posts of late, and would like you all to share my enthusiam for his historic and musical contributions. Here is just a taste of three:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?p=325662#post325662
http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?p=320309#post320309
http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?p=318360#post318360

and there are many more...

Takes the sarcastic wind right out NMB, which is EXTREMELY hard to do...

Come salute Fabio...

beach
08-08-2005, 07:18 PM
I can only say that Fabio is a special person!!!
Beyond the unlimited musical backgroud he has a great heart!
He share his knowledge and friendship, of course, to whoever wants to learn.
I have only to thank him, and we have only to be proud to have him here.

Grazie Fabio!!!

Garritan
08-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Fabio is fabulous!

It was Fabio who originally came up with the idea of the GPO Academy. He has been here freely sharing his knowledge. And that knowledge seems inexhaustable - he's like a walking musical encyclopedia. And Fabio is also a warm and friendly person. I had the good pleasure to meet Fabio at Musikmesse and he's the real deal.

We are very fortunate to have Fabio with us!

Gary Garritan

PS: And I salute you for being one of the few who can take the sarcastic wind right out NMB http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Fabio
08-09-2005, 05:09 AM
Thank you my friends, but just a comment:

You are lucky, I'm Italian. I need to be concise because of the language obstacle! If the site had been Italian...warning! Nobody had been able to stop my flow of words and ideas... :D :D

Styxx
08-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Fabio is "Fabiolous"! :D
I've learned quite a bit from Fabio and have the deepest admiration for his work and knowledge.
Many thanks for you continuance as a prominent educationalist on this forum.

Styxx
08-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Takes the sarcastic wind right out NMB, which is EXTREMELY hard to do...

Hard to believe. :rolleyes: :D

newmewzikboy
08-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Fabio is good at musical dancing and therefore stops NMB from thinking...

Hmmm...Gary, with JABB can I write for sarcastic wind ensemble?

Paul Blankenau
08-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi. My name is Paul, and I'm a Northern Sounds addict. (Hi, Paul.) I had almost gotten clean; NS just didn't give me the rush anymore, and I was deep in car repair this morning, and needing to go to work. Then this thread comes up, and ruins any chance I might have had. Mr. N. M. Boy, and Fabio, and lots of others must die!

newmewzikboy
08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
hooookaaayyy...time for your medicine...you like your medicine paul?

Paul Blankenau
08-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Actually, I don't like my medicine. I know it's good for me, but it's no fun, so I'm on summer medication vacation. But how is that relevant to this discussion?

The real problem is that no one understands. Tell ten people that you have a drinking problem, and five will have sympathy, and two will invite you to a meeting where others try to help you. Now tell a hundred that you have a Northern Sounds addiction, that you were almost cured till you read a cool thread about fugue composition, and can you spare some change so I can buy a better computer for GPO? There's a hundred people that will avoid you for life.

newmewzikboy
08-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Interesting. I feel your pain.

I am having an addiction problem with NS forum myself, as well as online java chess. THis is seriously impacting my composition time and motivation. I know I need to break away....but....there's another idoitic thread that needs answering....

Styxx
08-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Interesting. I feel your pain.

I am having an addiction problem with NS forum myself, as well as online java chess. THis is seriously impacting my composition time and motivation. I know I need to break away....but....there's another idoitic thread that needs answering.... You go get 'em, boy! ;)