PDA

View Full Version : Odd CPU Behavior with RMX

slinky
11-21-2004, 05:53 PM
I am running SX3 and noticed something odd with RMX >
I loaded three loops and started to add some chaos, couple of FX
and was auditioning alternate loops. My CPU meter was at about 60%
(I have P4 2.4 with 1.5G of Ram) so I started to unload loops one by one and
FX one by one but.....once I was at 1 loop with no FX my CPU meter was still at 60%. I had to reset the whole thing to get the meter back where I thought it should be. Any thoughts?

P de Caumette
11-22-2004, 01:26 PM
I've also had some memory issues when RMX is present in the setup but to tell you the truth, I also think SX 3.0 is suspect.
When I load EWQLSO I get a low memory message for songs that were ok with SX 2.0.
Very hard to diagnose a problem when several updated programs are running at the same time... :(

bruceup
11-27-2004, 11:49 AM
I'm also having the same cpu issue, and I'm running Pro Tools 6.4 on a Mac G4 933mhz with 1584mb of ram(OS 10.3.4). The cpu meter starts bouncing up and down to about 50% even before I play any loops(and increases by 10% for each loop I add). I set my cpu usage limit higher and that seems to help a little, but I was wondering if this was a bug with RTAS or if it's just time for me to get some G5's.

stevejay
11-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Hi slinky,

Check out Eric Persing's reply in this (http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26536) thread.

If you notice on the download page for the Stylus RMX version 1.0.5 update, Spectrasonics write:

"Contact us directly for help if you have any P4 denorm issues"

Bye,
Steve