PDA

View Full Version : A tiny waltz

Skysaw
08-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Here's a little waltz I created for my film project. The piece has been rejected, so I thought I'd share it here, to give it a few breaths of air before it's forever shelved. It's a sweet little one minute piece, featuring strings, harp, two horns, and tuba. I wrote and finished this piece in about 90 minutes.

waltz_outtake.mp3 (http://www.allhands.com/mp3/soundtrack/waltz_outtake.mp3) - 0.85MB

Honk if you like it.

Jamie

MCS
08-06-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi!

I like it! It creates a nice atmosphere. Would like to here more from this piece!! (or is it really only one minute?)

Best,
Michael

Styxx
08-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Nice, very nice. It could be for movie segment yes no?
Shoot, darn thing is so tiny I lost it in my Winamp player somewhere. :mad:

Skysaw
08-06-2004, 10:46 AM
It's really only 50 seconds long, and that's it. Don't blink your ears or you'll miss it!

Styxx, it was for a movie segment, but it didn't really fit. Life is cruel sometimes. :)

Styxx
08-06-2004, 11:27 AM
It's really only 50 seconds long, and that's it. Don't blink your ears or you'll miss it!

Styxx, it was for a movie segment, but it didn't really fit. Life is cruel sometimes. :)

Whaaat? Give me that dang thing I'll make it fit! :mad:

RichG
08-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Honk!

Jerry W.
08-08-2004, 12:09 AM
I second that, HONK, :p

Seriously - this was a nice piece. I like the mood you create with it. The off-balance modality was really nice. Too bad it didn't fit the segment.

Thanks for letting us listen.

Jerry :)

KevinKauai
08-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Triple-HONK!!

It's way too nice for just filim music!

:) KevinKauai

Jesse Hopkins
08-19-2004, 12:58 PM
Skysaw! Went to your site, and love the personal feel of all your music. Keep up the outstanding work. Hope you get a real orchestra to play some of this stuff, because it is worthy of CD release in the classical section.

Quasar
08-21-2004, 10:25 PM
I very much liked it. I'd be interested in knowing the context in which it didn't fit... It doesn't lambast you with any obvious dramatic intent, it's more like a subtle, cautious, but twisting exploration of a mystery.

Well done. (I gotta get broadband so I have time to check out more music!)

Quasar

Garritan
08-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Honk if you like it.

http://www.merelyplayers.com/Honk.gif

I liked it too.

You're in good company. There is some fantastic music that has been rejected by producer/directors. Jeff Beal's Monk Theme Song was shelved after the first season in favor of a Randy Newman song. Soon after, Jeff's Monk theme then went on the win an Emmy Award!

Gary Garritan

avalongalaxy
08-22-2004, 02:51 PM
I wrote and finished this piece in about 90 minutes.

unbelieveable, only 90 minutes.
I ve needed about 12 hours for my last one minute piece for writing and mix.

i'm shocked.
Sounds dramaticly