PDA

View Full Version : "The Celtic Land" by Mark Winter

Alan Lastufka
06-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Mark Winter has sent "The Celtic Land" which was done mostly with GPO.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/TheCelticLand.mp3

The GPO instruments used were: 4 horns (overlay FF), 2 solo violin, violin section, viola section, cello section, dbasses, orch percussion (marimba, timpani & cymbal). Non-GPO instruments include low whistle, bells, drums, voice of a boy, and steel guitar.

Enjoy

Zelazowa
06-16-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi Alan.
When I am connected to the link,I've this message:
"There was an error accessing that File!".
I do not know if it only succeeds me.
Bye.
Zelazowa

Styxx
06-16-2004, 09:00 AM
Hi Alan,
Long time no hear!
I got the same error message as well. But mine had a robot type metallic object floating around stating, "Error! Error! Sterilize! Sterilize!" :D :eek:

Blackster
06-16-2004, 01:34 PM
So it seems that I may be the first one who listens to this piece :)
In general I like your song very much ... but this synthi-sound which starts for the first time at 0:57 appears to me misplaced. Please don´t get me wrong, the notes are composed well but this sound shakes the whole wonderful athmospheare you´ve biult up ....... that´s the only thing I have to mention with regard to a criticism.

But nevertheless, you did a very good job.

Greeting, Blackster

Alan Lastufka
06-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Link now works... :)

Zelazowa
06-16-2004, 01:57 PM
I find only one word...
wonderfully moving
:-)

Zelazowa

Jeff Turner
06-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Boy, I really enjoyed this one. Bill Whelan would be proud.

JT

Ludovic
06-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Alan,
Fantastic piece. Big and inventive sound, but more important, soul. Maybe (I am not even sure about this) some very minor mixing adjustements before the CD. This is the music I would buy. It comes from the heart of an Artist. Keep us informed about the development of a commercial CD.

Karl Garrett
06-16-2004, 08:12 PM
This is sure going into my ÒDreamÓ folder to be played as we relax before bedtimeÉa wonderful work. I also would buy the CD that this is on.

Karl

jmc
06-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Evocative and beautiful. Very nice work, Mark.

mschiff
06-17-2004, 11:38 AM
This is a beautiful piece, Mark. Let's hear more!

--Martin

Houston Haynes
06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Very nice!

DPDAN
09-07-2004, 05:58 PM
I just found this in my music library and when it started, I knew I had heard it before,, duh, I must have liked it enough to save it.
What a pleasure.

SeanHannifin
09-07-2004, 07:17 PM
A wonderful piece . . . very soothing and yet powerful. Nice work! The instruments go very nicely together, and the horns sound great, as well as the strings. Keep it up!

88chopin
09-24-2004, 01:27 PM
I've been literally waiting for someone to do a piece like this. This is an unbelievably beautiful mixture of GPO and other instruments. Now, I have a lot more faith in GPO than I did a few minutes ago.... this is marvelous.

thanks for posting..

Garritan
09-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the well-deserved bump of Mark's "The Celtic Land". I enjoyed hearing this again. It is so well done - excellent writing, arranging and mixing.
I agree with Ludovic that this music has soul and it's good to hear GPO masterfully used with other instruments. .

Gary Garritan

jgyoungmd
09-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Mark Winter has sent "The Celtic Land" which was done mostly with GPO.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/TheCelticLand.mp3

The GPO instruments used were: 4 horns (overlay FF), 2 solo violin, violin section, viola section, cello section, dbasses, orch percussion (marimba, timpani & cymbal). Non-GPO instruments include low whistle, bells, drums, voice of a boy, and steel guitar.

Enjoy

wonderful full sound, i loved it

Quasar
09-27-2004, 09:55 PM
I liked everything about this peice.

It's also clinched my decision to go broadband. I'm missing too much good stuff around here without it.

Thanks Alan for presenting this, and kudos to Mark.

Styxx
09-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Mark.
This by far is one of the most expressive pieces I've had the pleasure to enjoy. Your programming of GPO is nothing short of Masterful! I am astonished at what I hear and was moved wholly throughout the whole piece. Definitely captured the spirit of the title! Five thumbs up. :)

Thanks Alan for posting Marks wonderful music.