PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Things Waltz

Styxx
06-02-2004, 09:20 AM
http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larkg/Favorite%20Things%20Waltz.mp3
:eek:
This is my first attempt at using Overture with a score. I need any level of feedback especially on the techniques in using Overture with scores. You know what I mean...:rolleyes:
Hope this works here. :D

FossMan
06-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Styxx... I am really impressed by the articulations you've enabled--you somehow managed to make your stacattos crisp instead of cut-off the way I normally do (very nice!). I don't know a thing about Overture (I use Finale 2003a), so I can't help you there. The only suggestion I'd have is perhaps considering the use of legato. There were a couple places where the violin line felt as if it were performing detache (which seemed out of character for the piece).

Seriously, some good work programming using Overture.

Styxx
06-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Styxx... I am really impressed by the articulations you've enabled--you somehow managed to make your stacattos crisp instead of cut-off the way I normally do (very nice!). I don't know a thing about Overture (I use Finale 2003a), so I can't help you there. The only suggestion I'd have is perhaps considering the use of legato. There were a couple places where the violin line felt as if it were performing detache (which seemed out of character for the piece).

Seriously, some good work programming using Overture.
Wow, thanks. Coming from another I so admire I apreciate the reply. I don't know what I did except just to play them in as written.
Cool thanks.

UNIX_GURU
06-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Reminds me of the sound that the music on the one of the Final Fantasy games (8 I think) had, wow that brings back some memories.

I think it sounds just a little too exact?
Slop it up a bit for a more human sound?

Styxx
06-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Reminds me of the sound that the music on the one of the Final Fantasy games (8 I think) had, wow that brings back some memories.

I think it sounds just a little too exact?
Slop it up a bit for a more human sound?
:D I can do that!

Zelazowa
06-02-2004, 06:02 PM
http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/larkg/Favorite%20Things%20Waltz.mp3
:eek:
This is my first attempt at using Overture with a score. I need any level of feedback especially on the techniques in using Overture with scores. You know what I mean...:rolleyes:
Hope this works here. :D

Very good Styxx.A waltz that it is worth the pain to dance...
Bye
Zelazowa

Garritan
06-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Styxx,

Great job.

The music I hear on these forums - a few of my favorite things.

Keep up the fabulous work!

Gary Garritan

Styxx
06-03-2004, 07:08 AM
Thanks Gary. Just something I whipped up during a break in my work.
:eek: < one of MY favorite things!

Styxx
06-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Nope! Karon's Song is not in here! :eek: