PDA

View Full Version : WAV file mapping to instrument

Yves
07-11-2002, 10:04 AM
Hello everyone!

I know it might sound trivial but I just can\'t find how to map a .wav sample to a new region of a new .gig file...
I\'ve tried with the instrument wizard etc etc..
I\'ve looked in the help menu but I guess i\'m missing on something that\'s probably obvious right??
Anyhow..anyone with the info would greatly be welcomed!
Thanks for your help.

Yves

sgarsson
07-12-2002, 10:51 AM
\'drag & drop\' the wav into the Velocity window from the explorer box in the lower left hand corner in the Editor. Drag and drop with the left mouse button if it a tuned sample (you want it to change pitch over a region) and with your right if it is untuned (such as a drum hit).

Hope this helps.

Scott

sgarsson
07-12-2002, 10:52 AM
btw, don\'t forget you need to first import the wav into the Editor. You can drag and drop files and folders right from your windows explorer into the Editor Explorer.

S

Yves
07-12-2002, 07:56 PM
Hey Scott...thanks for your help but I\'m trying to do this as you describe but I can\'t get the .wav file to \"drag and drop\" into the velocity window of the editor...this is what I do..I create for example, an instrument with 1 or 2 region to keep things simple at this point . I create the instrument with the help of the instrument wizard then I import a .wav file from the sample pool window on the lower left field of the editor..actually, next to the velocity window as you mentioned then when I click on a .wav file and hold the left mouse button also. But when I drag the file . the mouse icon turns from the arrow to a circle with a diagonal line going through..is that because the file can\'t be dragged for an unknown reason??
Something\'s weird..any thoughts??
Thanks again for your time!

peace

yves

Yves
07-12-2002, 08:07 PM
hey Scott...I finally figured it out..
I was trying to import stereo samples into a mono region..duh....!
Well now it works!!
thanks very much for the tip!!

peace

Yves

sgarsson
07-15-2002, 12:00 PM
glad my silence helped.

S