PDA

View Full Version : How to get an agent ?

Nino Mojo
02-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi !

Let\'s say, I\'m the lead audio guy in a big game company, I\'d like to quit and go back to freelance *the right way*. I need an agent, where can I get one ? Any tips or hints ? I know this ain\'t gonna be easy

Thanks for helping,
Nino

(I corrected the spelling of the topic. This post may have changed slightly (icons). Re-edit to taste. - Moderator)

cmrick
02-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Bob Rice of Four Bars Intertainment is probably the biggest game agent.

Nino Mojo
02-22-2004, 04:45 AM
Thank you for replying.

darksidedoll
02-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Can I have your job? LOL

Nino Mojo
03-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Actually I\'m not really thinking of leaving, but rather of going part-time while freelancing images/icons/smile.gif

Nino Mojo
03-03-2004, 03:26 PM
But anyway, this is far from happening right now images/icons/smile.gif

ussachevsky
04-17-2004, 07:48 AM
shouldn\'t you know how to spell if you have a job?

PeterRoos
04-17-2004, 07:56 AM
Are you our new forum troll?

Start with posting some postitive remarks and some examples of your compositions and don\'t drop into forums as a newbie correcting forum members and valued producers of sample libraries.

And put some personal information in your profile please. That makes discussions a lot more personal. If you want to rant or troll, be brave enough to do it with your real name, location, occupation, website, whatever.

Marcussen
04-17-2004, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
shouldn\'t you know how to spell if you have a job?

[/ QUOTE ]

Big words, coming from a little amateur punk who bitches about not being talented enough to earn money composing...

PeterRoos
04-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Hey Marcussen,

was that directed at me or at our new troll? ;-)

Marcussen
04-17-2004, 11:55 AM
lol... @ troll boy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ill make it clearer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PeterRoos
04-17-2004, 03:28 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

midphase
04-26-2004, 12:06 AM
Are there any public (ie. free) resources available to find out agents and managers in the entertainment/interactive biz?

I know about the Hollywood Creative Directory, but is there anything on line?

Nino Mojo
07-17-2004, 06:54 PM
@ussachevsky (the troll:))

I'm not a native english speaker, I don't even live in an english speaking country. It's amazing how people can take everything for granted... :)

Anyway, thanks guys for replying, and thanks to the moderator for correcting my bad spelling :)

Waywyn
07-18-2004, 03:51 PM
lol, that thread was funny to read. first i didn't find the mistakes mussachovikalowski pointed at, then i turn back to the first page to find the members name and then i saw that he was already banned ... a lot happenin within short time :)

@ nino:
probably the best would be just to send applications to companies with a good written resume and to find good contacts in the game scene.

all this sounds pretty easy but i think it's the hardest in our job. we all can compose and write music, but to get big jobs is nearly also an art ...

Nino Mojo
07-18-2004, 07:14 PM
@Waywyn:

Yes maybe you're right after all :). I can confirm, as a person who junks about 20 resumes a week, it's not that easy to find the job :).

About the art of getting the gigs, the mp3 interview with Tallarico was pretty interesting :)

Nino