PDA

View Full Version : Third GPO Demo

kstevege
02-22-2004, 08:35 PM
My third GPO Demo created about a month ago. This is just a development of the idea introduced in my second GPO demo posted previously. Timing needs to be corrected in spots. Probably needs better mixdown. Sequenced in Sonar3 w/ SonitusFx Reverb \'Large Hall\'

Violin 1 Gagli Solo
Basses Sus+Short
Basses Short Bows
Bass Clarinet Solo
English Horn 2 Solo
Chromatic Harp 1
Tuba 1 Solo
Violas Sus+Short
FHorn Overlay F
French Horn 1 Ens
Timpani
Cymbals
Soundtrack Theme Developed (\"http://angelfire.com/ny3/wheresgrant/ADEMO/Soundtrack_Theme_Developed.mp3\")

kensuguro
02-23-2004, 03:40 AM
I thought the bass clarinet and english horn duo needed a bit more structure.. or perhaps it\'s intended to be ambient. It\'s hard to see where they\'re heading.

The rest sounds great to me. I liked how you achieved some aggressiveness with the short bows. Nice, warm reverb also.

kstevege
02-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Ken

The woodwinds were actually just doing improv - playing off each other. There really wasn\'t any sort of direction at all. I recorded on the fly - whatever happened - happened. I started with a few phrases on one then the other and went back and forth until I guess it felt right to stop. I understand what you are saying though but I kinda liked what happened and just left it as is. Just a little fun thats all.

Talk soon

Steve

Garritan
02-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by kstevege:
Ken

The woodwinds were actually just doing improv - playing off each other. There really wasn\'t any sort of direction at all. I recorded on the fly - whatever happened - happened. I started with a few phrases on one then the other and went back and forth until I guess it felt right to stop. I understand what you are saying though but I kinda liked what happened and just left it as is. Just a little fun thats all.

Talk soon

Steve <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Steve,

This is fantastic for just recording \"on the fly\" and letting what happens happen. Glad you\'re using GPO for \"just a little fun\". Sometime we can take things too serious that we can sometimes loose the fun. Thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan