PDA

View Full Version : GPO Demo, Soundtrack II

kstevege
02-15-2004, 03:11 PM
This was the second GPO demo I made. Sequenced in Sonar 3, SonitusFx Reverb \'Large Hall\'

Soundtrack Theme II (\"http://www.angelfire.com/ny3/wheresgrant/ADEMO/Soundtrack_Theme_II.mp3\")

French Horn Overlay F
Vlns 1 Sus+Short
Vlns 1 Tremolo
Violas Sus+Short
Violas Lush
Cellos Lush
Cellos Short Bows
Basses Lush
Basses Short Bows
Timpani Ex

Steve

Alan Lastufka
02-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Steve,

Very nice composition, my only comment has to do with mixing, I\'d like to hear the strings brought up a little more, or maybe just some compression on the whole piece to even it out.

The volume seems to decrease after the big build-up at the beginning, when, in fact, it should do just the opposite.

Nice work.

kstevege
02-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Thanks Larry for the reply. In addition to learning orchestral arranging, I am also learnng how to do mixing as well. It seems there is a separate skill needed for each stage of creation. Stage one is the initial idea (melody, harmony, development, etc). Next is the arrangement - choosing the instruments for each harmonic line. Then finally the mixdown. Stage one is usually relatively easy for me. For the arrangment - I seem to be getting better. As for mixing - I have a long way to go.

Your advice is very important to me and I will take that into consideration for my next piece.
Thank you so much

Steve

Garritan
03-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Steve,

Hope you don\'t mind the bump. A really good theme seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. My only complaint was that it ended so soon. I hope you develop this more!

Gary Garritan