PDA

View Full Version : GPO Harp piece

Samarco
12-03-2003, 11:31 PM
Hi Everyone-

I just received my copy of GPO and I thought hearing some of the individual instruments might answer a few questions about the quality of the orchestra. (By the way it IS great!)

This is a small work for harp in a \"perpetual motion\" style I wrote for a piano student of mine who also played harp.

This is using Chromatic Harp 2, and it is Out-of-the-Box.

http://pegasusmusic.us/Perpetua.mp3 (\"http://pegasusmusic.us/Perpetua.mp3\")

-John

P.S. Thanks to Gary and Marianne for getting it to me.

Cody
12-03-2003, 11:58 PM
The Harp sounds very good and should sit well in an orchestration. Still waiting for my copy. Can\'t wait.

Jesse Hopkins
12-04-2003, 12:40 AM
Really like the piece and the sample. I can\'t wait to start making demos. Hope I get mine soon.

PeterRoos
12-04-2003, 02:43 AM
Very nice indeed! images/icons/smile.gif

So for the price of two times the XSample harp disc you also get another harp, an organ, a piano,... and... an orchestra? images/icons/grin.gif

Headcheese
12-04-2003, 06:55 AM
Very nice indeed - did you use the ambiance plug? It sounded like there was a bit of reverb - or is that ambiance part of the sound?

Samarco
12-04-2003, 09:18 AM
The Harp is in the \"wet\" section of the instruments section. I didn\'t add any reverb.

This is just as it is.

-John

Haydn
12-04-2003, 11:47 AM
Very nice piece!

There are 2 harps. The harp in the piece has a slightly brighter and more piercing quality than harp 1 which is also very nice sounding. I\'ve had fun mixing the 2 different harps together.

The Wet samples use the reverb built into the Kontakt player. The Dry samples have no reverb. The reverb in Kontakt has a tendency to use a lot of CPU power as it does it per instrument.

Hardy Heern
12-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Very nice that ....I just wanted to have some strings or something coming in at some point. Still stands on its own though.

Frank

I got my GPO tonight....Hooray!

Wirebird
12-06-2003, 10:51 AM
Beautiful piece images/icons/smile.gif

Wirebird