PDA

View Full Version : Garritan Team

KingIdiot
04-29-2003, 12:01 PM
jsut to let you know

no one beta tested the hollywood strings.

They were pretty much worked on (meaning being built) right up to replication. Any beta testing an it would have taken to long.

Besides, like I said, they were more of an experiment rather than a new patch. If that were the case I would have left it to Tom images/icons/wink.gif he can go insane with the requests for changes images/icons/tongue.gif

Garritan
04-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Hi Francis,

Glad you like the updates. It would have been nice to have had some beta guys on this one, but it would have kept KingIdiot locked in the dungeon for too long. images/icons/wink.gif Perhaps the next update we could do a beta.

Gary

Francis Belardino
04-29-2003, 12:36 PM
Yeah, that\'s great!! But, I\'d would have rather kept Sir. King locked up images/icons/smile.gif

LOL

Ok, I\'ll stop images/icons/smile.gif

Great work, King. You\'re the best!

Thanks again.

Malo
04-29-2003, 03:21 PM
Ashif!

Thank you for your work! I use \"King\'s Strings\" all day long, now! I am currently using them in a pop string arrangement! Works really, really well!

Those samples wouldn\'t, by any chance, contain some of Gary\'s solo strings, would they? images/icons/wink.gif

Keep up the good work, and again, thank you!

Garritan
04-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Malo:
Those samples wouldn\'t, by any chance, contain some of Gary\'s solo strings, would they? images/icons/wink.gif <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well...Yes!

SyQuEsT
04-29-2003, 05:57 PM
How can we be a beta tester for the solo string ? images/icons/smile.gif

KingIdiot
04-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Those samples wouldn\'t, by any chance, contain some of Gary\'s solo strings, would they? <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">yup but there\'s more to these than just that, and there\'s more to Gary\'s solo stuff than just what you hear in this images/icons/smile.gif

Garritan
04-29-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SyQuEsT:
How can we be a beta tester for the solo string ? images/icons/smile.gif <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Mathieu,

What we have planned for the new strings won\'t be able to run on any existing sampler. We really need the new features of Giga 3.0. So we cannot even start a beta until 3.0 is released. We\'ll keep you posted.

Gary

steve_t
04-29-2003, 06:43 PM
Hmm.. Am I the only one who hasnīt gotten the update yet? Hope I get it soon images/icons/smile.gif

Francis Belardino
04-29-2003, 11:52 PM
Thanks guys for the updates. SWEET!!!

I only wish I was a beta tester on this one images/icons/frown.gif sniff sniff.

Hehehehhe

Thanks again!

FB

Pingu
04-30-2003, 02:44 AM
Nope!

Haven\'t had mine yet either! I\'m assuming that\'s not Gary\'s fault though. Much more likely that Time and Space have received the shipment and are dragging their heels distributing them.

Pingu

cunningham
04-30-2003, 08:19 AM
I finally got my update discs last weekend. Wonderful job putting together such useful items!! (King, terrific string additions!) I\'m soooo glad that I decided to go with GOS instead of some of the other products hitting the market place, if for no other reason that the fact that the product continues to evolve as a useful tool (and Gary, Tom, King, Ernest, and other \"family\" supporters are great people).

Gary, still looking forward to those solo strings.

Bill Cunningham
(bcunning@boxtops.com)

Francis Belardino
04-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Gary,

Can you share what will be new about 3.0?

Huh? Huh? Can ya? images/icons/smile.gif

Garritan
04-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
Huh? Huh? Can ya? images/icons/smile.gif <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Francis,

I wish I could, but I\'m sworn to secrecy and bound by the ancient developers code. According to legend, revealing anything will result in a terrible curse by the GigaGods. images/icons/shocked.gif Perhaps soon the veil of secrecy will be lifted. images/icons/wink.gif

Garritan
04-30-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by cunningham:
I finally got my update discs last weekend. Wonderful job putting together such useful items!! (King, terrific string additions!) I\'m soooo glad that I decided to go with GOS instead of some of the other products hitting the market place, if for no other reason that the fact that the product continues to evolve as a useful tool (and Gary, Tom, King, Ernest, and other \"family\" supporters are great people).

Bill Cunningham
(bcunning@boxtops.com) <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Bill,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for the kind words. That means a great deal, especially coming from you. We are so fortunate to have the collective talents of so many gifted users who share so graciously in the developement of GOS. This is such an amazing thing about this library.

Gary

PS: I have long been a fan of the Box Tops! images/icons/smile.gif

Francis Belardino
04-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Can\'t blame a guy for trying images/icons/smile.gif

Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
Huh? Huh? Can ya?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francis,

I wish I could, but I\'m sworn to secrecy and bound by the ancient developers code. According to legend, revealing anything will result in a terrible curse by the GigaGods. Perhaps soon the veil of secrecy will be lifted.

SPF
04-30-2003, 02:30 PM
Gary,

Does the reliance on GS3 mean there will be no Mac-compatible release of the new strings? Is that a stupid question?

\"Sworn to secrecy\" would be a welcome answer.