PDA

View Full Version : CAL program to use with GOS and other samplers

SyQuEsT
01-01-2003, 09:10 PM
I\'ve made a CAL program who changes patch before groups of 32th, 16th, 8th, quarter, half and whole.

It\'s very useful to quickly make a beautiful melodic line.

For example, you can use Marcato patch for fast notes, Grand Detach for quarters and half and Grand Detach Sustain for whole (and more ...).

Quick (less than 3 seconds (on my P3 800) for Bassoons part in Sorceror\'s Apprentice (Dukas)!!!), easy, useful ...

I use it for several kind of music (contemporary, classical, ...).

If you want I can ask to Gary to put it on his web site and/or in the next update ... for free.

Bruce A. Richardson
01-02-2003, 12:52 AM
That\'s very cool.

sri_bubba
01-02-2003, 05:25 AM
SyQuest, a CAL program that does what you say it does would be GREAT.

I haven\'t checked in a while, but last I looked, Cakewalk published user CAL files. Maybe they also would put your file up.

csduke
01-02-2003, 08:41 AM
SyQuEsT,

I am a new user of SONAR (I assume CAL is the CW scripting language) and was wondering if you could describe how one would actually go about applying this program - from a SONAR novice\'s standpoint. How do you \"load\" the CAL file. How do I tell SONAR to switch from one sample to another? Does this program change midi channels, banks, ...? etc. Will it work with GOS LITE or would that require come reprogramming?

Thanks much,

SyQuEsT
01-02-2003, 04:42 PM
csduke,

To load a CAL, press CTRL+F1 or go to menu \"Process\" then \"Run CAL...\".

I\'m working on another version to customize Banks too ... soon, with Key Switch (for GOS).

You can use it with any samplers (I use it with GOS (GOS lite works too), Dan Dean, Miroslav Vitous, Roland JV-1080, ...

You have to enter patch for any kind of notes and the CAL inserts the good patch for the duration of the note.

It\'s quicker than menu \"insert\" then \"Bank/Patch Change...\".

Sincerly,

meeehoon
01-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Will the funky CAL program work with Logic Audio???

SyQuEsT
01-02-2003, 09:04 PM
I don\'t know if Logic Audio can use CAL programs ...

SyQuEsT
01-02-2003, 09:06 PM
I finished version 1.05 ... It changes banks too ...

Garritan
01-03-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by SyQuEsT:
I\'ve made a CAL program who changes patch before groups of 32th, 16th, 8th, quarter, half and whole.

If you want I can ask to Gary to put it on his web site and/or in the next update ... for free.<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Mathieu,

What a nice gift! images/icons/smile.gif
I would be happy and honored to include your CAL programming in the updates and on the GOS site.

Thanks again,

Gary Garritan

SOD213
01-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Garritan:
</font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by SyQuEsT:

If you want I can ask to Gary to put it on his web site and/or in the next update ... for free.<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Mathieu,

What a nice gift! images/icons/smile.gif
I would be happy and honored to include your CAL programming in the updates and on the GOS site.

Thanks again,

Gary Garritan</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'d be great of you to host the file for everyone. I\'m still considering the purchase of GOS (if my raise goes through I\'ll be giving you a call. images/icons/wink.gif ), but if it works with other libraries, I think every GS user can benefit from it.

SyQuEsT
01-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Hi Gary,

Did you receive my files ? did you try it ?

Thank you,

Garritan
01-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SOD213:

It\'d be great of you to host the file for everyone. <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">If anyone would like to test the CAL programs, please email me: gary@harps.com (\"gary@harps.com\")

garyob
01-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Hi,

I had a chance to try these programs last night and must say they are definitely useful. I loaded 4 different cello articulations in GS and recorded a phrase with Sonar2 utilizing various rhythms. Next, I highlighted the track and loaded the cal program which brought up a window requiring me to enter the bank and patch number for each note value starting with whole notes down to 32nd notes. Worked flawlessly. The 8th notes were played using the marcato patch and the 16ths with the spicatto patch, etc. Thanks to Mathieu for writing the programs and to Gary for sending them to me.

garyob

SyQuEsT
01-09-2003, 09:48 PM
Thank you Garyob, I hope my CAL program will help some composers like you.

SyQuEsT
01-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Any other people tried it ?

SyQuEsT
01-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Did any other people try it ?

Haydn
01-12-2003, 08:11 PM
I tried the CAL programs today. They ran perfectly. It was fun just recording lines and then randomly throwing in patches and changes banks randomly. Tried this also with my Roland XP-30 and the bank changes worked fine with the Giga Patch_Bank B program.

Leon Willett
01-15-2003, 06:35 AM
HI!

I don\'t use GOS, but I would sure like that CAL program! It would be great for using with any library. Any chance I could obtain this, if I don\'t have GOS?

Take care!

SyQuEsT
01-16-2003, 02:16 AM
Give me your email address ...

ming
01-16-2003, 05:41 AM
Hi SyQuEsT

can i try your great CAL program

thanks

my mail : ming@lapcc.com

I am ming
images/icons/grin.gif

Leon Willett
01-16-2003, 05:54 AM
Here is my email address:

Leon.WillXXXXXett@upc.es

Please remove the five X in the middle there. I put them in so junkmail bots dont put me on lots of junkmail lists!.

Thanks alot, really appreciated!!!!!!!

I\'ll tell you how it goes images/icons/smile.gif images/icons/smile.gif

SyQuEsT
01-16-2003, 09:47 PM
Done !!! give me news ...

Thank you,