PDA

View Full Version : Next update

SyQuEsT
10-26-2002, 02:44 PM
I want to know if someone is working on a new update ? When will it available ?

esperlad
10-26-2002, 05:06 PM
Will all of the cresendos finally be realeased?

Garritan
10-26-2002, 05:57 PM
Mathieu,

We are working on new updates. We hope to have them avialable later this year. (That doesn\'t leave much time!)

esperlad,

I see no reason why we cannot include some cresendos if users want them and space permits.

Gary Garritan

esperlad
10-26-2002, 08:38 PM
May I suggest violin and cello crescendos?

lex
10-27-2002, 10:02 AM
I suggest NV and Vib long note patches with real life attacks in a crossfade patch with the same patch but with edited attack that we have now in LEG patches... images/icons/smile.gif

Alex

SyQuEsT
10-27-2002, 02:42 PM
Can we know what\'s the updates ? images/icons/smile.gif

Ned Bouhalassa
10-27-2002, 04:09 PM
I would like to vote for more crescendos, please. images/icons/smile.gif

Poo
10-27-2002, 10:37 PM
What do you mean more crescendos? All the strings have an EXP function for crescendos. Am I missing something?

SyQuEsT
10-28-2002, 12:42 AM
I had some ideas for a next update :

- Attack control (soft, natural and hard) for Grand Detaché and others images/icons/smile.gif

- Grand Detaché looped LEGATO

- Real pitch for higher notes ... I can heard loops on it images/icons/frown.gif

- Change bow direction with the MODWheel ... so you can have GD looped LEG with ALT and more ...

And you customers ?

Bye

Brahms and Liszt
10-28-2002, 08:00 AM
I vote for:

Sustained V and NV with controllable and more rapid/hard attacks

Looped Grand Detache with LEGATO

This would greatly increase the utility of GOS for me.

lex
10-28-2002, 08:22 AM
Just curious why the hell would you need more hard attacks, when you have all those great short aggressive articulations to mix in with the start of the long note?

Alex

esperlad
10-28-2002, 06:06 PM
To answer Poo\'s question:
Gary had recorded some natural crescendos, but only the bass was included. Sometimes, I need a cresc. made my real players and not produced artifically. Also, my director is very picky about how he wants the final recordings to sound, and knowing him, he would only use the real thing. We don\'t have the funds to hire real players at this point so the missing patches that Gary made will have to do.

Brahms and Liszt
10-29-2002, 12:09 AM
Just curious why the hell would you need more hard attacks, when you have all those great short aggressive articulations to mix in with the start of the long note?
<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Quite simply because life is too short to spend time layering and mixing patches in order to produce such a very commonly used sound. A sustained string sound with rapid attack (think opening bars of Shostakovich symphony 5) is a totally standard string articulation which is lacking from GOS, and it should be provided in an easy to use patch without recourse to layering etc. Don\'t get me wrong - GOS contains some fantastic things, but the lack of the discussed articulation has been a disappointment to me. I am sure that a suitable update would save a lot of people a lot of time in producing sustained tones with rapid attacks.

Runyon
11-06-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Garritan:
Mathieu,

We are working on new updates. We hope to have them avialable later this year. (That doesn\'t leave much time!)

Gary Garritan<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Gary,

If this is a thread for taking requests...(not sure it is), I\'d like to see a little improvement to the upper register of vibrato violins.

Also, in general, a thing that I would find helpful is to have crossfade vibrato in all the sections that would change the vibrato intensity.

Thirdly, some variation (more choices) on the speed of the trills.

Fourthly, a bass patch with a REALLY weighty bass section.

And fifthly....I know this is a touchy subject around here.....but....I think the idea of some common fast runs is a good thing. If they were constructed in groups of 3 or 4, in various tempi, a person could contstruct convincing runs of varying lengths....just my opinion.