PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Full Strings

Ned Bouhalassa
09-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Are they really samples of the string ensemble playing unison or is this a collection of each section playing independently? I ask the question because I\'m in need of a full string sound for Western-film short track I\'m doing. If it\'s not the entire ensemble playing then maybe this could go into the wishlist bag for the next updates!!

Garritan
09-12-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
Are they really samples of the string ensemble playing unison or is this a collection of each section playing independently? I ask the question because I\'m in need of a full string sound for Western-film short track I\'m doing. If it\'s not the entire ensemble playing then maybe this could go into the wishlist bag for the next updates!!<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Ned,

The \"Full Strings Lite\" patch combines samples from the various sections to form a full string orchestra. The \"All Violin\" instruments are really samples of the entire violin ensemble (22 players) playing in unison (both 1st & 2nd violins playing together). They were recorded separately from the 1st and 2nd violin sections. They should be good for that big Western string sound.

Gary Garritan